Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. All currently scheduled meetings are only available to the public virtually.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, January 4, 2021
- Library Board of Trustees Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Board of Selectmen to discuss Library’s FY22 budget
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Library Update; FY22 Budget Update; Updates on CSX easement for Main St; Community Host Agreement for CommCan, Board of Health staffing; Recreation public records request; Approve draft zoning bylaw for Downtown Initiative; Discuss updating policies for boards & committees, policies for Building and Demolition permits, and Capital Planning Policy
Tuesday, January 5, 2021
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Attending Advisory meeting to discuss Rec’s FY22 Budget
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Potential reserve fund transfer to cover cost of new temporary Public Heath Director; Discuss FY22 budgets for COA, Town Clerk, Recreation, DPW, and overall budget; possible change to Advisory Bylaw; Discuss Capital Planning work including studying number of schools; projected student population next 10 yrs
Thursday, January 7, 2021
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (no agenda posted yet) Meeting is listed on the remote meeting schedule, but the agenda has yet to be posted.
Friday, January 8, 2021
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 8:15 am @ Virtual Meeting (no agenda posted yet) Meeting is listed on the remote meeting schedule, but the agenda has yet to be posted.
*The Town intends to make each of its meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars. There is the caveat that there could be technical glitches that force the Town to take backup actions:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on Southborough’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.