Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. All currently scheduled meetings are only available to the public virtually.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- SHOPC (Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee) Meeting, 8:00 am @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Acting as tiebreaker for Affordable Housing Trust property issues; Master Plan Committee Update – Housing Chapter Goals; HPP Implementation Planning – Next Steps; Affordable Housing Trust – 5-year Plan
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 5:30 pm @ virtual hearing (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Attend Moderator’s pre-Annual Town Meeting meeting
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Proposed Energy/Sustainability Committee; ATM Warrant Articles 34 (ZBA zoning) and 39 (Citizen Petition on pursuing truck exclusion for Flagg Rd); Traffic Constables policy; Discuss dedicating field to Brian Shifrin; Old Burial Ground flag placements; Town Meeting prep
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 9:30 am @ virtual hearing (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Vote to move funds from 911 Field account to be used against the bond.
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ virtual hearing (agenda) Agenda Highlights: ATM Articles and budgets, including Article to amend outdoor lighting bylaw; FY22 Budgets for Water and Board of Health; Articles to amend Site Plan Approval and to adopt Noise Bylaw; Town House Façade project; and overall budget
- Master Plan Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update and review of Goals & Recommendations; Discuss Chapter edits of Draft 2021 plan; Review and discuss MetroCommon 2050 Draft Housing and Mobility Recommendations
Friday, May 7, 2021
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am @ virtual meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: status of Public health nurse, new outside programs in May, A/V equipment and outside furniture; any outreach issues; Performance review of Senior Center Director
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Friday, April 30, 2021
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 8:15 am @ virtual meeting (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Status of proposed Downtown District zoning bylaw; District Improvement Financing; Administrative Business; Committee roles and renewal of term
*The Town intends to make each of its meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars. There is the caveat that there could be technical glitches that force the Town to take backup actions:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on Southborough’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.