Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. All except two of the meetings will still be available to the public only through zoom/YouTube.*
As I posted last week, the Board of Selectmen agenda allows for in-person attendance but also will continue to provide remote access. The other in-person meeting is Board of Assessors. As usual, theirs isn’t available virtually. But the BOA meetings are mainly in closed Executive Session with only the approval of minutes on the agenda for the public portion.
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room, 17 Common Street and virtual meeting (agenda with packet) Agenda Highlights: Draft Inter-Municipal Agreement for Public Health Shared Services; Next steps for the South Union Building and recap/next steps from Annual Town Meeting including Noise bylaw, Illumination bylaw, and Flagg Road commercial truck exclusion request
- Board of Health Meeting, 6:30 pm @ virtual meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with BOS to discuss Draft Inter-Municipal Agreement for Public Health Shared Services
Thursday, June 3, 2021
- Board of Assessors Meeting, 12:15 pm @ Town House Hearing Room, 17 Common Street (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approve minutes, followed by Closed Executive Session
Thursday, June 3, 2021
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ virtual meeting (agenda with packet) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on 10 Pearl S replacement of septic system, 16-18 Middle Rd Request for Plan Amendment, 6 Oregon Rd re-pavement of existing driveway, 2 Hidden Meadow Ln addition to existing single family home, 5 Nathan Stone Way expansion of lawn, 192 Woodland Rd Continued Stormwater Management Permit & Notice of Intent new SFHs; Discuss Violations 1 Lynbrook Road stockpiling & grading concerns, 155 Main St clearing of debris within jurisdictional areas; Discuss potential violation Fisher Rd/Chestnut Hill Rd; Requests for Certificate of Compliance 3Witherbee Ln and 32 Boston Rd
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ virtual meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with SHOPC to discuss setting up sub-committee related to evaluation of South Union School Affordable Housing; Updates on municipal space needs RFQ and School Research Subcommittee; Discuss next steps on proposed bylaw for standing committee and recommendation for revised charge; List of Capital items for oversight responsibility; FY23 Capital timeline
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ virtual meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Capital Planning Committee
Saturday, January 0, 1900
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 8:15 am @ virtual meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Highlights from agenda: Status on proposed Downtown District zoning bylaw; Status of applications, grants and studies; Discuss permanent outdoor dining for restaurants; officer election
*The Town intends to make each of its meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars. There is the caveat that there could be technical glitches that force the Town to take backup actions:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on Southborough’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.