Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. Unless agendas note otherwise, meetings are open to the public.
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Last week, a few meetings popped up that I didn’t list last Monday – scroll down for those details.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
If you were expecting to see a link for a Regional School Committee meeting tonight, that was cancelled. (An update from NSBORO’s Superintendent on Friday afternoon and posted protocols for the combined districts indicate that the decision was made not to have the committee vote on any potential changes to the mask policy.)
Tuesday, August 24, 2021
- Board of Trustees Southborough Library Meeting, 11:00 am @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Town Building Mask Mandate; policies for Collection Management and volunteer CORIs; Town ADA Study; Discuss Capital Planning memo, Teen Librarian position, and Preservation Restriction; Native Plant Garden update
- Trails Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Aqueduct Connector Trail Construction; Trails Committee charter change discussion; Updates on Peninsula Trail, CPA Funding and next steps, Trails Maintenance update; recycling receptacles – update on shipping monofilament line
- Youth Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Board vacancy update; Holiday Giving presentation; Referral Service mid-year report; ARPA funds; Hours and outreach; Strategic planning; Officers job description; ADA and ARPA Questions and responses
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
- Board of Health Meeting, 7:30 am @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Board of Selectmen to Vote on filling the unexpired term of resigning member
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 7:30 am @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Board of Health to Vote on filling the unexpired term of their resigning member
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee Meeting, 8:00 am @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Master Plan Committee and SHOPC/Capital Planning Subcommittee; Affordable Housing Trust 5yr plan
Thursday, August 26, 2021
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on 2A Strawberry Hill Road new home construction and garage demolition, 6-8 Turnpike Rd expanded parking, and Marlboro Rd roadway and pedestrian improvements; Requests for extensions for 22 Lovers Lane, 84 Main St, and Stonebrook Court; Discuss activities at Fisher Rd/Chestnut Hill Rd; Request for Certificate of Compliance for 124 Deerfoot Rd; Violation at 1 Lynbrook Rd; Central MA Mosquito Control – beaver & mosquito control work at Liberty Estates open space; Stormwater Permit Bylaw/Regulation Updates & Discussion
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, August 19, 2021
- Historical Commission Meeting, 5:30 pm @ remote meeting (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Special Joint Session with the Massachusetts Historical Commission to discuss the final approval of the Downtown National Register District nomination; Draft of proposed new rules and regulations; draft of proposed changes to the Demolition Delay Bylaw
- Southborough Cultural Arts Council Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Neary School Pavillion (agenda) Agenda Highlights: SetCouncil Priorities; Vote on New LCC Grant System; Update on Southborough CommunityFund Grant; Finalize Officers & Signers
Friday, August 20, 2021
- Council on Aging Meeting, 11:30 am @ remote meeting (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Vote on hiring applicant for front desk
- Golf Course Committee Meeting, 3:30 pm @ Southborough Golf Club Clubhouse (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Complaint re fencing along Latisquama Rd; Update on construction of new practice putting green; Review management contract for renewal; Establish regular communications with management
*In normal days, some of Southborough Access Media broadcasts some meetings live and/or delayed via cable and YouTube. Stay tuned to find out when they will be able to resume that function. In the meantime, if a meeting agenda doesn’t note a virtual means of watching, best presume there won’t be one.
**For meetings that offer remote/virtual interaction, The Town has a dedicated zoom account. To find those details, click here.
***For school committee meetings — Agendas for remote meetings include links to zoom webinars for pre-registration. Northborough Cable Access Television is responsible for the cable access for school committee meetings that take place in-person at Algonquin. Webinars and in-person meetings should eventually available via Verizon-29 and Charter-194, NCAT’s VOD player, and their YouTube channel.