Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- Board of Health Meeting, 7:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Working session to draft Special Town Meeting presentation for increase to Board of Health budget
- Northborough-Southborough Regional School Committee Capital Planning Subcommittee Meeting, 4:00 pm (agenda, materials) Agenda Highlights: Review of FY19-FY26 Capital/Maintenance Plan (Click here to register for webinar)
- Youth Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Emergency Funds Request Process, Youth Commission Document Management, Future space concerns for YFS
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- Golf Course Committee Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on new practice putting area and cages, rounds played, league play, and clinics planned by Recreation Dept; Discuss Paving and Irrigation Plans; Statement of Revenue for August; Management Contract
- Personnel Board Meeting, 12:00 pm (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Presentation of Personnel Bylaw at Town Meeting; Proposed “Senior IT Manager” position and options if Fall Town Meeting is cancelled; Bylaw changes for Annual Town Meeting; Section 11 Benefits Review; Hiring guidelines from new Labor Counsel; follow up on discussions about hiring authority and contracts; FY23 – SAP annual salary adjustment and budget
- Southborough School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Covid and Transportation; Vision 2026 Action Plan; School Improvement Plans; MCAS; Neary Statement of Interest update; Extended Day program; Capital Plan; Trottier Electrical Panel; FY23 Budget Priorities (Click here to register for webinar)
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss/vote on Special Town Meeting Articles
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, October 7
- Joint Board of Selectmen and Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (video) Agenda Highlights: Discuss Special Town Meeting and positions on Warrant Articles
- Agendas also posted for Capital Planning Committee and Board of Health to join them to discuss their Warrant Articles
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Status Downtown District zoning bylaw, EDC priorities; submitted grant applications [No video, the meeting was held at the Public Safety Building]
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.