Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, November 8, 2021
- Southborough School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Middle school improvement plans; World Language; Updates on Covid-19, Transportation, Neary Statement of Interest, and Extended Day Feasibility Study; FY23 Capital Plan and Budget Priorities; Letter from DESE re FY21 Circuit Breaker Audit (Click here to register for webinar)
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Funds Meeting, 8:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss Trust match with member of Taxation Aid Committee, Request by Southborough Youth and Family Services for continued financial commitment to Community Fund, and Holiday disbursements to Friends of the Youth Commission and Council on Aging
- Board of Assessors Meeting, 4:15 pm @ McAuliffe Hearing Room – Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review FY22 classification hearing presentation, Review and act on Principal Assessor’s request to release overlay
- Trails Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Aqueduct Connector Trail construction project, Trails Committee charter change status, Peninsula Trail, and joint project with Stewardship Committee; FY23 Budget
- Youth Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Director’s Report; FY23 Budget; Friends Report
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Open Space Preservation Commission on Native Pollination Preservation Garden project; Activitas Choate Field Study; Update on programs and projects; Discuss capital planning requests; Vote on purchasing Programming Tent; Vote on pay rates
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Golf Course Committee Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights:Golf course management contract recommendations and execution of 2019 Long Range Plan
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Assign rep on ARPA fund ad hoc committee and dept liasons for budgets; FY23 Budget Process and establishing parameters of budget model; Discuss policy on stabilization of operating budget, free cash, and capital expenditures
- Noise Bylaw Committee Meeting, 8:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Elect Officers; Discuss topics to be considered for the development of the bylaw; review existing Noise bylaws in the state and previously proposed citizen’s petition
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, November 4, 2021
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Project Updates on Town Clerk Records Restoration, Kallander Field, Mooney and Neary Lighting, Fayville Basketball Court, Historical Society projects, and Open Space projects; FY23 CPA Budget; FY23 CPA application
- SHOPC/Capital Planning Subcommittee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video not yet available**) Agenda Highlights: Current zoning for 21 Highland St; Inclusionary zoning (Sudbury); Reports on Process/Funding for Feasibility Study on Developability of Site and option of Community Dev. Org. Development of Site
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Assign OML complaint to Town Counsel; debrief on Downtown District Article at Special Town Meeting; FY22 Budget; 2021 Goals/New Initiatives; Clean Energy and Sustainability
Friday, November 5, 2021
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am (agenda, video not yet available**) Agenda Highlights: Report on current and upcoming programs; FY23 Budget; Tax work off update; Colonial Garden Events; Southborough Community Fund Application; SHINE open enrollment
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
**Sometime there is a delay before the meetings show up properly listed in the Town’s Remote Meeting YouTube Channel. You can look for videos here.