Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
Monday, November 8, 2021
- Youth Writing Club (3:30 -4:30 pm) @ zoom: The Southborough Library is hosting this virtual creative writing club for ages 10-18. The zoom sessions are a fun and supportive space to get creative and build skills with peers. For details, see dedicated post.
- Wellness Series: Emotional Toolkit (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ zoom: The free Wellness Series for ages 12+ is offered by the Southborough Library and Jill Vroman Fitness & Wellness. This session, learn about your emotions and how they can impact your health. Pre-register by emailing email@example.com. For details, see dedicated post.
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
- Strength Training Class for seniors (8:30 am) @ zoom: Pre-registration required. For details on semi-weekly class, see newsletter.
- Advanced Tai Chi for seniors (9:45 am) @ zoom: Pre-registration required. For details on semi-weekly class, see newsletter.
- Preschool Story Time (10:30 – 11:15 am) @ Southborough Library Children’s Room: Join Miss Kim for stories and craft based on a weekly theme. No registration required.
- Senior Songsters (11:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: Weekly rehearsal for the singing group open to all area seniors regardless of singing ability. For details, see dedicated post..
- Bridge (12:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: A weekly card group, welcoming new participants. For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
- Knitting Club (1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Knitters, welcoming new members. For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
- Tuesday Tech Time (4:00 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library Teen Room: Need help with technology? Library staff and teen volunteers will make every effort to assist you. Bring questions about ebooks and electronic resources. This is a drop in event; no registrations necessary. Sessions are limited to no more than 1 hour.
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Elder Law advice (10:00 am – 10:45 am) @zoom: An Elder Law attorney will offer Southborough seniors free individualized legal advice during scheduled remote sessions. To sign up, call the senior center at (508) 229-4453 to book a time slot. For details, see newsletter.
- Young Scientist STEM Beginnings (10:30 – 11:30 am) @ zoom: This is a free, weekly virtual series for children, ages 3-6 to learn STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) concepts through hands-on activities, story time and simple experiments. This is provided by the YMCA of Central MA but hosted by the Southborough Library. To register, email Kim Ivers at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-485-5031.
Veterans Day – Thursday, November 11, 2021
- Federal Holiday: No public school today. Town buildings are closed (Town Hall, the Library, the Senior Center.)
- Veterans Day Parade and Ceremony (10:45 am) @ All Wars Memorial: Following a short parade from the Community House, veterans will lead the town’s annual ceremony including readings and patriotic music. For details, see dedicated post.
Friday, November 12, 2021
- Canasta (10:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: A weekly card group. For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
- Billiards (8:30 am – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Weekly drop-in play. For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
- Dull Men’s Club (10:00 am) @ zoom: Casual social club for senior men. New members are always welcome to drop in. To be added to the zoom email lists, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
Saturday, November 13, 2021
- Assabet Valley Crafts Fair (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) @ Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School, 215 Fitchburg St, Marlborough: AVRTHS is inviting the community to join them for their annual Crafts Fair featuring a variety of crafters, vendors, food concessions and a raffle. For details, see dedicated post.
- Drop in Art (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: The Southborough Library is hosting this free art session for children ages Ages 5 and up. Children will make a paper “Thanksgiving Tree” to show what they are thankful for. No registration required. Sponsored by the Friends of Southborough Library.