Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, December 20, 2021
- Trails Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Trails Committee bylaw status update; Committee member conduct policy; Updates on Aqueduct Connector Trail construction project and Peninsula Trail (aka Boroughs Loop/Aqueduct Trail), DCR public access plan and MWRA 8(m) permit status, and MassTrails Grant planning; Address issue related to trail users walking along wrong side of open channel off Ward Road
Tuesday, December 21, 2021
- Board of Health Meeting, 11:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Appoint MetroWest Tobacco Inspector; Revisit Number of Tobacco Licenses; Housing & Food Inspections; Community Fridge; COVID Case Numbers; Communication Options for Health Department – Potential FY22 Expense; COVID Vaccine Clinics; Annual Report Submitted for Town Meeting; Discussion with Labor Counsel on Salary Administration Plan vs Employment Contract
- Board of Library Trustees Meeting, 11:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Future grants/MBLC action plan; Hiring New Library Associates; FY23 Budget update; Covid Protocols Update; Town Report 2022 content discussion; Program Policy Revision; Library Staff Survey
- Open Space Preservation Commission Meeting, 12:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights:Review Plans for Ken’s Foods and Harvard Book Depository; Update on 156 Northborough Road; CPA Library Application; St. Marks Road Park; New Members; OSPC Annual Report; Updates on Native Pollinator/Plant projects aat Library, Golf Course, Haloran Open Space, Breakneck Hill, and Beals Preserve pollination garden; Master Plan Update
- Capital Planning Committee – School Research Subcommittee Meeting, 1:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights:Updates on Statement of Interest for Neary School to MSBA (Massachusetts School Building Authority) and Town Space Needs Study; Approve Final Versions of Demographics Study and School Administration Space Needs Analysis; MSBA Cost Analysis Update; Draft presentation for January School Committee Meeting
Wednesday, December 22, 2021
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights:Joint Meeting with Capital Planning Committee on their recommendation for FY23 capital expenditures; Discuss proposed FY23 budgets for Police Dept and Fire Dept
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Advisory on proposed bylaw language for standing CIPC (Capital Improvement and Planning Committee) and Proposed Capital Budget Article for Annual Town Meeting, and Update on School Research Subcommittee work
- Capital Planning Committee – School Research Subcommittee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Advisory on proposed bylaw language for standing CIPC (Capital Improvement and Planning Committee) and Proposed Capital Budget Article for Annual Town Meeting, and Update on School Research Subcommittee work
Below is the meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list on Monday:
Thursday, December 16, 2021
- SHOPC/Capital Planning Subcommittee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Presentation by President of Mass. Home Builders and Remodelers Association
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.