Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, January 3, 2022
- Southborough School Committee – Operational Budget Subcommittee Meeting, 4:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: FY23 Recommended Budget Discussion (Click here to register for webinar)
Tuesday, January 4, 2022
- Board of Health Meeting, 12:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Town Mask Advisory; Extend Per Diem Clerk Contracts for COVID Vaccination Clinics; Town Meeting Logistics and Safety Protocols; Potential Municipal COVID-19 Antigen Testing Procurement; Housing & Food Inspections; Job Description Revisions; Annual Report Draft; MetroWest Health Foundation Grant; Covid Cases & Vacc Clinics
- N/S Regional School Committee – Policy Development Subcommittee Meeting, 4:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review of Face Coverings Policy; Flexible Masking Policy Discussion with Medical Advisory Team (Click here to register for webinar)
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Date and logistics of Town Meeting; Municipal Technology Committee ByLaw Review; FY23 operating budget; Appointment of Senior IT Specialist and Special Counsel for Bankruptcy Services; Acceptance of Complete Streets Grant Award for Newton St sidewalk and CSX railroad crossing; Discus assignment of surplus tax title parcels; Draft policy for Recording Clerks; Close Warrant for Annual Town Meeting; Outreach to businesses by EDC/BOS; Discuss proposed new Amazon facility in Westborough
- Board of Health Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint discussion with Board of Selectmen regarding logistics and safety protocols for Annual Town Meeting in March 2022
Wednesday, January 5, 2022
- Trails Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Trails Committee bylaw status, Aqueduct Connector permitting, Peninsula Trail DCR public access plan and MWRA permit status; MassTrails Grant planning; Trail along open channel off Ward Road site visit with MWRA and Marlborough
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss FY23 budgeting including proposed budgets for Youth and Family Services and Dept of Public Works
Below are last week’s meetings that I didn’t warn readers about (since I was taking time off with my family most of the week):
Tuesday, December 28, 2021
- Board of Health Meeting (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Pursuing Potential Position(s) to Add to SAP (Salary Administration Plan) for FY23 Including Public Health Nurse & Public Health Director; Job description revisions; Town Meeting Report for Increased Health Department Funding
- Municipal Technology Committee Meeting (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Provider/path diversity for two internet connections; MTC processes, workflow, discussion; resident survey next steps
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.