Here are the posted open committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, March 28, 2022
- Southborough Public Accessibility Committee Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights:“Low-Tech” Approach to improving Accessibility of Town’s e-communications; ATM Rules & Regs Article draft; Transition plan – priorities and recommendations for ARPA and other funding; St Mark’s Park design; Request ADA Self Assessments of Library Story Walk and Public Safety Complex sidewalk; SPAC budget request for Town Meeting; School Department K-8 and Recreation Transition Plan
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and packet; Hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings for Proposed Warrant Articles on Tree Bylaw and Scenic Roads; Discuss proposed comment letter from Town on MBTA Communities
Tuesday, March 29, 2022
- Open Space Preservation Commission Meeting, 1:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Chestnut Hill Farm Management Plan; Earth Day events; Scholarship committee partnership; Library CPC application; Pollination Preservation Garden at Beals; Recommendation on Ken’s Foods wildflower meadow replacement area; Master Plan Review
- Neary Building Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Organization of Committee; Prep for Annual Town Meeting
Wednesday, March 30, 2022
- Board of Commissioner Trust Fund Meeting, 8:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss need of specific applicant
- Combined School Committees Meeting, 6:30 pm @Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough** (agenda, policies) Agenda Highlights: Intro of new IT Director: 2nd readings (and recommendations to rescind) of policies related to vacation, bereavement days, personal days, and leaves; Superintendent’s evaluation
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Capital Planning on recommended FY@# captial purchases and Town Meeting Articles for a standing committee and a regional schools capital stabilization fund; Trails Committee Warrant Article; Rec Dept FY23 budget and Rec revolving fund use; Conservation FY23 Budget; Town Clerk FY23 budget; Warrant Article on Rules and Regs
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Advisory on ATM Warrant Articles related to Capital, Regional School Stabilization Warrant Article, Citizen’s Petition Article on Accounting for Funding of Roads, Capital Plan
Thursday, March 31, 2022
- Noise Bylaw Ad-Hoc Committee Meeting, 6:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on Draft status; work on programming and public outreach
- ARPA Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm – (agenda not yet posted) Committee is meeting weekly at this time “to discuss how to spend $3+ million allotted to the town via the American Recovery Plan Act”, and welcomes public comment. For details, click here. To look for the agenda to be posted later this week, click here.
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list. [Note: these videos haven’t been posted to the Remote Meeting Channel]:
Wednesday, March 23, 2022
- Southborough Housing Authority Meeting, 5:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Report of Executive Director
Friday, March 25, 2022
- Board of Health Meeting, 12:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss Town Meeting Article on Rules and Regs; Town Meeting Safety Protocols; in-person/virtual meeting options for committees; Recommendation for 3rd party auditors of Food Establishments
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**While the Combined School Committee is holding an in-person meeting, those are usually live streamed (for viewing, not participation) by Northborough Cable Access’ education channel. (Eventually, they are also shared on NCAT’s YouTube channel.)