The Town asked me to notify readers that there is still room in the special Covid Booster Clinic being held this Monday, May 16th.
As I previously explained, this one is specifically for 50+ year olds to get a 2nd Vaccine Booster shot.
To be eligible, you should have received your first Booster at least four months prior. (That would be mid-January.)
The clinic will be able to provide both Moderna and Pfizer vaccines for those who have a preference.
Pre-registration is required. You can handle that online here. The Town encourages anyone who needs help with signing up to call the Senior Center at 508-229-4453 or the Public Health Nurse at 508-281-8983.
Below are more details from the Public Health Department:
Date: Monday 5/16 from 11:30am-3:00pm
Location: Southborough Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Road, Southborough MA
Vaccine Brand: Pfizer ages 12 + formula, 0.3 mL dosage. Moderna ages 18+, 0.25 mL
Signup Link and more information
Open Appointments: second dose booster appointments for eligible individuals ages 50+
- Pre-registration is required. Clinics are open to the public.
- Please enter your insurance information when registering online. You will receive an email confirmation once registered.
- Please bring your COVID-19 Vaccination Card and a photo ID if available.
- Wear short sleeves. Follow signs when you arrive. Being hosted in back parking lot of Senior Center.
- Booster Eligibility: Recommended for residents 50+ who are at least 4 months from First booster dose, see below.
- If you have any questions, please call the Southborough Health Department at 508-481-3013
**If you have questions about booster recommendations, please contact your primary care provider for advice**
Who is eligible to get a booster?
All residents aged 50 and older or individuals who are younger with certain medical conditions may now access a second COVID-19 booster. On March 29th, the CDC recommended that certain immunocompromised individuals and all individuals over the age of 50 get an additional booster dose at least 4 months after their first booster. CDC recommendations allow for mixing and matching of different COVID-19 booster doses, and eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose. For more information on eligibility, visit www.mass.gov/vaccine
You can also find the state’s FAQs on boosters here.
If you are unable to attend this clinic (or ineligible to), please use VaxFinder to book an appointment for boosters or vaccines at a pharmacy or other location.
You have to read the appointment application carefully. Mine is for 2:45 AM. It then says you can show up anytime during the hours specified.