Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
- Board of Health Meeting, 9:30 am @ Town House Hearing Room and remote (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approve Alternate Inspector contract; Reinspection for Fitzgerald’s Market; Budget Update; Ken’s Follow up from Sound Engineer; Scholarship for Public Health Nurse training; Intern plan; Covid Report; Tobacco Regs
- Joint Policy Development Subcommittees of Regional, Southborough, and Northborough School Committees, 5:00 pm @ NSBORO webinar (click here to register) (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Annual Policy Review – identify and prioritize sections to be worked on; 2nd Review of Small Necessities Leave Policy
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Information hearing – for input on priorities and potential projects [Click here for more details in dedicated post.)
- Neary Building Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Recap of Town Meeting Funding of Feasibility Study; Next Steps with MSBA
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
- Open Space Preservation Commission Meeting, 2:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Commission representative on St Mark’s St Working Group; CPC application for Library Pollinator Garden; Garden Tours; Chestnut Hill Farm Management Plan, Update on Wildflower Meadow at Ken’s Foods; Master Plan Review; Partner with Scholarship Committee review
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on possible reserve fund/inter-departmental transfer requests; Discuss stabilization funds policies
Thursday, June 23, 2022
- Southborough Public Accessibility Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Improving Town’s E-Communications Accessibility; St. Mark’s Park agreement status; Assessment, sidewalk requirement to the Public Safety Complex/Public Golf Course; ARPA Funds held for ADA upgrades for engineering etc.; Pole locations/permitting process; Safe access with NO obstructions on sidewalks; Require a Town Project Review; Status of Transitions Plans for Facilities, Library, and Conservation
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on 259 Turnpike Rd new single family home, 14 Wood Street replacement of failed septic, 250 Turnpike Road wetland boundaries, 200 Turnpike Rd stormwater management permit for warehouse space and salt shed; Request for Certificate of Compliances for 10, 12, & 14 Barn Lane; 84 Main St Updates; Chestnut Hill Farm Management Plan; Revised Materials Submission Policy; Updates on Stormwater Management Permit Bylaw, Breakneck Hill Dump, and Admin Asst
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, June 16, 2022
- Historical Commission Meeting, pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Vote on applicant for Commission member, Updates on Historic District signage funding, preservation architect for Doc Stone House, Old Burial Ground, invite to co-sponsor proposed Scenic Roads Bylaw, and St Mark’s St project (archeological survey and Commission representative on Working Group); Demolition Delay rules & regs revision process [Note: No video was posted as of writing this. You can look for one to be posted here.]
Friday, June 17, 2022
- Board of Trustees Southborough Library Meeting, 11:00 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Electronic Resources Usage Report, Policies for Exhibits and Space Use; Restoration project; Grant Review Options
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Town committees and boards that advertise remote meetings can be joined on zoom (details here). They are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If they don’t advertise a remote option, assume that only in-person attendance is allowed.