Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, July 25, 2022
- Southborough Public Accessibility Committee Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on staff training and St Mark’s Park; Letter to Select Board for $50K ARPA funding for engineering for ADA upgrades; Assessment, sidewalk requirement to public safety complex/golf course; Complaint about sidewalk obstructions; Pole locations/permitting process; Require Town Project Review process that includes SPAC; Discuss status of transition plan including for Senior Center, IT, and Recreation
Tuesday, July 26, 2022
- Youth Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Board member job descriptions; Identify and access training opportunities; Leverage member input and outreach assistance more often; Actively recruit new members with specialized skills/experience; Discuss vacancy; Determine where volunteers can help with programs; Differentiate roles of board and Friends of SYC members; ARPA funding update; Part time clinician job description draft and job posting draft; Donation account expense discussion; Volunteers needed for Community Center Exploratory Committee
Thursday, July 28, 2022
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Fund Meeting, 8:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss needs of an applicant and potential vote
- Taxation Aid Committee Meeting, 4:15 pm @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss applicant pool and possible awards.
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
- Select Board Meeting, 8:00 am (agenda and packet, video) Agenda Highlights: Reappoint committee members and appoint new members to St. Mark’s St Park Working Group, Stewardship Committee and ZBA; Approve Police Chief Search assessment center consultant; Communication with Public Works Planning Board
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Town committees and boards that advertise remote meetings can be joined on zoom (details here). They are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If they don’t advertise a remote option, assume that only in-person attendance is allowed.