Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
[Note: to avoid conflict with Yom Kippur, the Select Board’s meeting tonight rather than on a Tuesday.]
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, October 3, 2022
- Select Board Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Water Bill Appeal; Joint meeting with Planning Board on NGrid vegetation management plan and Warrant Articles for Trees and Scenic Roads bylaws; Citizen Petition Articles on Flags in Old Burial Ground and St. Mark’s Triangle land; MassDOT Middle Road/Route 9 intersection safety review; Update on Proposed St. Mark’s School land swap; Appoint Mark Pietrewicz to Assabet Regional School Committee; Discuss truck exclusion report; Consider ARPA funds for STM warrant articles
- Planning Board Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Select Board to review National Grid Annual Vegetation Management Plan and Hazardous Tree Removal Plan
Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Funds Meeting, 8:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Fund performance and holiday gift giving
Thursday, October 6, 2022
- Golf Course Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Southborough Golf Club clubhouse, 32 Cordaville Rd and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review/finalize presentation for Select Board and public on activity and plans to date
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on 63 Deerfoot Rd removal and replacement of crushed culvert/pipe, 10 Metcalf Lane outdoor sports court, 10 Presidential Drive rebuilding of rock walls, and 200 Turnpike Rd warehouse and salt shed; Chestnut Hill Farm Management Plan; Scenic Road Bylaw Discussion; Breakneck Hill Dump
- [Postponed to future date] – St. Mark’s Street Park Working Group, 7:00 pm @ Public Safety Training Room – 32 Cordaville Road (agenda not yet posted) Agenda Highlights: The Town has promoted a forum to get feedback on potential landscape designs and elements.
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, September 29, 2022
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee Meeting, pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: SHOPC/Capital Planning Committee Subcommittee Update; Affordable Housing Trust 5-yr plan; ARPA request approved; MBTA Communities; General Land Area Minimum – 40B Threshold; Special Town Employee Designation Vote
Friday, September 30, 2022
- Select Board Meeting, 8:00 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Extension of Acting Police Chief status to 10/31
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 8:15 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Rotary Business Expo ’23; EEA Grant Report; EDC Goals (Look for video to be posted here.)
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- If I don’t specify a location for Town committees and boards, they will be held on zoom (details here). Zoom/hybrid meetins are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be captured on video
Updated (10/6/22 6:18 pm) I forgot to update this post earlier today when I learned that the forum was postponed and then postponed again. The new date is TBD.