Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options. (Most, but not all, can be participated in, watched live, and replayed from home.)**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, February 6, 2023
- MetroWest Regional Transit Authority Meeting, 11:30 am @ 15 Blandin Avenue, 3rd Floor Conference Room, Framingham, MA and zoom (agenda)
- Northborough Southborough Regional School Committee Operational Budget Subcommittee Meeting, 5:30 pm @ webinar (agenda) Agenda Highlights: FY24 Recommended Budget Discussion
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda and packet, hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Hearings on 241-245 Turnpike Rd. (Car Condos), 200 Turnpike Rd (Snow Removal/Landscaping Contractor Facility), 325 Turnpike Rd (Sound Barrier Wall at Ken’s Foods), Adding Downtown District to Sign Bylaw Regs, Warrant Articles for Tree Protection Bylaw and Scenic Roads, and Conservation Commission’s Articles to amend zoning for Wetland & Floodplain District and Stormwater & Erosion Control; Discuss MBTA Communities, Board review of St. Mark’s Street relocation, Update on St. Mark’s Street Park/Trees/Stonewall, Planning Board Contingency in the agreement between St. Mark’s School and the Town; Updates on 154 Turnpike Rd Non-compliance, 325 Turnpike Rd, Zoning Map, and FY24 Budget
- Public Works Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Cordaville Hall, 9 Cordaville Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Committee organization; Approval of any previous Meeting Minutes; Open Meeting Law Complaint
Tuesday, February 7, 2023
- Southborough Public Access Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Speak with Trails Committee rep about plans and funding to make Reservoir trail more ADA compliant; Discuss and fill Co-Chair position
- Board of Assessors Meeting, 3:00 pm @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Sign excise tax abatements and commitments; Release executive session votes and totals for personal real estate tax exemptions and abatement applications
- Select Board Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom or zoom only (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Auditor Report for FY22; Q2 FY23 Financial Report; FY24 Salary Administration Plan changes and Results of Salary Study; Review of Special Municipal Employees to consider adding SHOPC; Update on Affordable Housing Trust Fund Strategic Financial Plan; Update on tree work; Award contract for the Golf Course tee reconstruction project; Approve contract for DPW Superintendent recruiter; possible vote on legal agreement with St. Mark’s for disposition/acquisition of property; Update on legal agreement for Regional Dispatch; Review of Annual Town Meeting Warrant articles
- Personnel Board Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom or zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Select Board on presentation to Town Meeting of revised Salary Administration Plan
Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- Southborough School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Trottier Middle School Library (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Neary Building Committee and MSBA Accelerated Repair; MCAS Presentation; Overview of the Amendment to the Student Discipline Law; Discussion “Creating an Inclusive Community”; World Language Update; Vote on recommended FY24 Budget
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership CommitteeMeeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: SHOPC/Capital Planning Committee Subcommittee Update; Affordable Housing Trust 5-year Plan MAPC Final Draft for Housing Production Plan; SHOPC Warrant Article; Major Residential Development; MBTA Communities submitted document; Special Town Employee Designation Vote; Discuss EMC/Dell property and 5 Cordaville Road; Grant Opportunities
Thursday, February 2, 2023
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Update FY24 Budget; Algonquin Athletic Facilities project costs, MOU and warrant article; Review Draft 2023 Warrant Articles; Disucss Warrant article to increase CPC surcharge to 3%
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Town Committee/Board Meetings:
- If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be broadcast or captured on video.
- To remotely participate in meetings that allow zoom, click here.
- Cable Access — Southborough Access Media has resumed broadcasting the regular evening meetings for the Select Board, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals that take place in the Town House Hearing Room. (Those meetings will still allow zoom participation.) View SAM’s live and replayed broadcasts via their Government cable access channel (Verizon-38 and Charter-194).
- To live stream (or view later) remote or hybrid meetings (even those covered by Southborough Access Media) over the internet, use the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (The meetings covered by SAM can also be streamed on their website here, and eventually on SAM’s YouTube Channel.)
- School Committee Meetings:
- Subcommittee meetings and some special meetings are only available to attend/view live (in person or by “webinar”) with no later rebroadcast.
- Regular Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a couple of days.)
- Regular Regional School Committee meetings (or Combined meetings based at Algonquin) are live broadcast by Northborough Cable Access here and on Southborough’s Education Channel (Verizon-29 and Charter-194). The meetings are also eventually rebroadcast and available through NCAT’s VideoOnDemand player and YouTube channel (though that can take several days).
- Southborough does participate in some regional collaboratives hosted in other towns. Those committees follow their own rules and may not offer a way to re-watch zoom meetings.