Two discussions at Annual Town Meeting raised awareness of Town Committees that have vacancies (the Advisory Committee and the Southborough Public Accessability Committee). So, I took a look at the current status and discovered over two dozen other vacancies.
For anyone considering getting more engaged in helping our community, here they are:
- Advisory Committee (2 vacancies)
- Capital Improvement and Planning Committee (2 vacancies)
- Conservation Commission (2 vacancies)
- Council on Aging (2 vacancies)
- Cultural Arts Council (1 vacancy)
- Economic Development Committee (3 vacancies)
- Historical Commission (2 vacancies)
- Metropolitan Area Planning Council (1 vacancy)
- Metrowest Regional Collaborative (1 vacancy)
- Metrowest Regional Transit Authority (1 vacancy)
- Open Space Preservation Commission (1 vacancy)
- PILOT Committee (4 vacancies)
- Recreation Commission (1 vacancy)
- Scholarship Advisory Committee (3 vacancies)
- Southborough Public Accessability Committee (1 vacancy)
- Stewardship Committee (2 vacancies)
- Zoning Board of Appeals (1 vacancy for Alternate Member)
Some vacancies have specific requirements, but if they included being a representative of a committee that also has a vacancy, I still included it. You can find the vacancy details here.
To learn more about them through links to their website pages here. For many, you can also view past meetings here.
To apply for any of the open seats, use a New Citizen Activity Form here.