Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options. (Most, but not all, can be participated in, watched live, and replayed from home.)**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, April 3, 2023
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearing on 241-245 Turnpike Rd. (Car Condos); 206 Turnpike Rd. (Change of Use) Minor Site Plan Approval; 6 Stockwell Lane – Sidewalks / Trees; Discuss MBTA Communities and Future Potential Zoning Updates & Warrant Articles; Zoning Map update
Tuesday, April 4, 2023
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee Meeting, 7:30 am @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: SHOPC/Capital Planning Committee Subcommittee Report; Grant funding
- Capital Planning & Improvement Committee Meeting, 7:30 am @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Potential joint meeting with SHOPC to discuss 21 Highland St. Subcommittee report and next steps
- Trails Committee Meeting, pm @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda, bid notice) Agenda Highlights: Open Invitation for Bid 2023-01 and discuss bids
Wednesday, April 5, 2023
- Trails Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on DCR MOA trails agreement, Peninsula Trail Fence / Signage and Phase II bid and next steps, Potential SPAC contribution to enhance trail accessibility; DCR Earth Day Clean up event; Choate Fund 2022 hike series, bench, interpretative signage; Mental Health Awareness Month SFYS outreach; Planet Palooza participation
Thursday, April 6, 2023
- Golf Course Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Project status: tee box movement and paving; signage; marketing; financial modeling; irrigation
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Friday, March 31, 2023
- Select Board Meeting, 8:00 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Appointment of Building Commissioner; accept new temporary bond anticipation note for 2023 projects
- Personnel Board Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Building Commissioner salary and vacation; Employee Development; Peformance Apparaisal Certification; Employee Handbook; Job Description Rationalization; Resolution of Salary Grid Implementation Issues; Vacation Synchronization and for new hires
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Town Committee/Board Meetings:
- If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be broadcast or captured on video.
- To remotely participate in meetings that allow zoom, click here.
- Cable Access — Southborough Access Media has resumed broadcasting the regular evening meetings for the Select Board, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals that take place in the Town House Hearing Room. (Those meetings will still allow zoom participation.) View SAM’s live and replayed broadcasts via their Government cable access channel (Verizon-38 and Charter-194).
- To live stream (or view later) remote or hybrid meetings (even those covered by Southborough Access Media) over the internet, use the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (The meetings covered by SAM can also be streamed on their website here, and eventually on SAM’s YouTube Channel.)
- School Committee Meetings:
- Subcommittee meetings and some special meetings are only available to attend/view live (in person or by “webinar”) with no later rebroadcast.
- Regular Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a couple of days.)
- Regular Regional School Committee meetings (or Combined meetings based at Algonquin) are live broadcast by Northborough Cable Access here and on Southborough’s Education Channel (Verizon-29 and Charter-194). The meetings are also eventually rebroadcast and available through NCAT’s VideoOnDemand player and YouTube channel (though that can take several days).
- Southborough does participate in some regional collaboratives hosted in other towns. Those committees follow their own rules and may not offer a way to re-watch zoom meetings.