Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options. (Most, but not all, can be participated in, watched live, and replayed from home.)**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, May 8, 2023
- Neary Building Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ zoom only (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Entrance to MSBA Feasibility Phase and Committee Charge; Membership recruitment; create OPM Selection subcommittee
- Joint Meeting of Northborough, Southborough, and Regional Schools’ Policy Development Subcommittees, 5:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Second Review of following policies: Conduct of School Committee Meetings (S), Animals in School (N/S/R), Parental Notification Relative to Sex Education (N/S/R), Dispensing of Medication (N/S/R); First Review of Bullying Prevention and Intervention Policy (N/S/R); Discuss Student Advisory Representative Policy (R)
- Planning Board Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House and zoom (agenda, hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Approval Not Required application for 250 Turnpike Road; Discuss MBTA Communities outreach; Hearing on 241-5 Turnpike Rd Card Condos, 3 Gilmore Rd stonewall removal, and 40-2 Central St Fayville Hall
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Neary School Council Meeting, 3:15 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review Goals and Action Steps of Neary’s 2022-2023 School Improvement Plan to plan for 2023-2024 Draft
- Southborough School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Trottier Middle School Library, 49 Parkerville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Elect Officers; Hearing and vote on School Choice; English Language Arts and Mathematics Presentation; Neary Building update; grants update
Thursday, May 11, 2023
- Board of Assessors Meeting, 4:15 pm @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Elect officers; Review and sign excise tax commitments and abatements; sign Community Preservation Surcharge Report
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Hearing on 67 Deerfoot Rd invasive removal for native garden; Requests for Certificate of Compliance for 22 Lovers Lane and 6-8 Turnpike Rd; Request for Extension for Fayville Hall; possible permit violations for 8 Learned St; Accept care and control of 3 additional Town parcels (at Southville, Vale Terrace, and Main Street Aqueduct)
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Wednesday, May 3, 2023
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund Committee Meeting, 9:45 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Approve and release minutes
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Updates on grant search, One Stop Grant, DHCD subsidized housing inventory, and MBTA Communities
Friday, May 5, 2023
- Board of Health Meeting, pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Vote on representative for Collins Center Grant workplan and contracts for Health Director and Septic Inspector
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Funds Meeting, 8:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Taxation Aid discussion for 2nd half of funding; election update
- Master Plan Implementation Committee Meeting, 8:00 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Q1 Progress Report feedback from Planning Board; Review of ongoing progress reports; prioritization approach
- Council on Aging Meeting, 11:30 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on new construction, programming, and Tax Work Off; Pine Hill Meadow Garden – fresh vegetable distribution
- St. Mark’s Street Park Working Group Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Discuss VHB Engineering Plans for Park Design
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Town Committee/Board Meetings:
- If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be broadcast or captured on video.
- To remotely participate in meetings that allow zoom, click here.
- Cable Access — Southborough Access Media has resumed broadcasting the regular evening meetings for the Select Board, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals that take place in the Town House Hearing Room. (Those meetings will still allow zoom participation.) View SAM’s live and replayed broadcasts via their Government cable access channel (Verizon-38 and Charter-194).
- To live stream (or view later) remote or hybrid meetings (even those covered by Southborough Access Media) over the internet, use the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (The meetings covered by SAM can also be streamed on their website here, and eventually on SAM’s YouTube Channel.)
- School Committee Meetings:
- Subcommittee meetings and some special meetings are only available to attend/view live (in person or by “webinar”) with no later rebroadcast.
- Regular Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a couple of days.)
- Regular Regional School Committee meetings (or Combined meetings based at Algonquin) are live broadcast by Northborough Cable Access here and on Southborough’s Education Channel (Verizon-29 and Charter-194). The meetings are also eventually rebroadcast and available through NCAT’s VideoOnDemand player and YouTube channel (though that can take several days).
- Southborough does participate in some regional collaboratives hosted in other towns. Those committees follow their own rules and may not offer a way to re-watch zoom meetings.