Algonquin Rugby teams both won last week, updating their records to 2-2.
On Wednesday, Girls Rugby shutout Needham with a score to high to keep counting. The ARHS Girls are ranked #3 out of the only 6 MIAA Girls teams. On Thursday, the Boys beat Malden Catholic 40-15. They are now ranked #4 for Division 1.
In Lacrosse, the ARHS Girls beat Bromfield (18-8) and Medway (13-7) updating their record to 11-2. They are now ranked #17 in D1. The Boys beat Wachusett 18-4 but lost to Pinkerton Academy 14-6. Their record is 9-3 and D1 rank is 14.
ARHS Track teams both beat Westborough at their last one-on-one meet of the season on Wednesday.
At Saturday’s “Twilight Meet”, Elena Westphal came in 3rd for the Girls Javelin Throw, and Steve White set new school record for the Boys 2 mile. (You can check out other tweeted performance highlights with Personal Records noted for the ARHS Sprints and Field competitions here and the longer distance runs here.) This week, they’ll compete in the District tournament.
Other Gonk sports scored all or mostly losses last week.
In Tennis, the Boys beat Grafton 3-2 but lost to Hopkinton 4-1. (No score is posted for the Wednesday game against Wachusett.) They are ranked #26 for D1. The Girls beat Grafton 4-1, but lost 3-1 to Wachusett and 3-2 to Quoaboag earlier in the week. They’re ranked #35.
Baseball continued its to lose more than win. After a 6-1 loss to Lincoln-Sudbury, 1-0 win over Leominster, and 8-4 loss to Westborough, their record now stands at 4-9. They’re ranked #31 in D1.
Boys Volleyball lost to Leominster (3-1), Keefe Tech (3-2), and North Middlesex (3-2). They’re #27 for D1. And Softball extended its losing streak by three games, updating the record to 0-12. They are ranked #57 for Division 2.
The co-op Girls Golf team (out of Westborough) beat Hopkinton (26-28), Auburn (8.5-39.5), and Burncoat (28.5-7.5). Their record is now 8-1.
Now, here are the ARHS varsity games on tap for the week:
Monday, May 8, 2023
- 3:30 pm – Girls Golf vs. Notre Dame Academy – Worcester @ Kettle Brook Golf Club
- 4:00 pm – Girls Tennis vs. Westborough High School @ Algonquin
- 4:00 pm – Boys Tennis vs. Westborough High School @ Westborough High School
- 4:30 pm – Baseball vs. St. Paul of Worcester @ Tivnan Field
- 4:30 pm – Softball vs. Oakmont Regional @ Oakmont Regional
- 5:15 pm – Boys Volleyball vs. Marlborough High School @ Algonquin
Tuesday, May 9, 2023
- 4:00 pm – Girls Lacrosse vs. Westborough High School @ Westborough High School
- 5:00 pm – Boys Lacrosse vs. Westfield @ Algonquin
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- 4:00 pm – Baseball vs. Shrewsbury High School @ Algonquin
- 4:00 pm – Softball vs. Nashoba Regional High School @ Algonquin
- 4:00 pm – Girls Tennis vs. Shrewsbury High School @ Shrewsbury
- 4:00 pm – Boys Tennis vs. Shrewsbury High School @ Algonquin
Thursday, May 11, 2023
- 3:30 pm – Girls Golf vs. Wellesley @ Nehoiden Golf Course
- 4:00 pm – Girls Lacrosse vs. Groton-Dunstable Regional @ Groton – Dunstable Regional School District
- 4:00 pm – Boys Tennis vs. Bromfield @ Algonquin
- 5:00 pm – Boys Lacrosse vs. West Springfield @ West Springfield High School
- 5:30 pm – Boys Rugby vs. Blue Hills Regional Tech @ Algonquin
- 6:15 pm – Boys Volleyball vs. Fitchburg @ Fitchburg High School, 140 Arn Howe Farm Rd., Fitchburg
Friday, May 12, 2023
- 4:00 pm – Baseball vs. Wachusett Regional @ Wachusett Reg. High School
- 4:00 pm – Girls Lacrosse vs. Grafton @ Algonquin
- 4:00 pm – Softball vs. Fitchburg @ Fitchburg High School, 140 Arn Howe Farm Rd., Fitchburg
- 5:30 pm – Girls Rugby vs. Weymouth @ Algonquin
- 5:30 pm – Boys Volleyball vs. Fitchburg @ Algonquin
Saturday, May 13, 2023
- 10:00 am – Girls Outdoor Track District Championship @ North Middlesex Regional High School
- 10:00 am – Boys Outdoor Track District Championship @ North Middlesex Regional High School
(To check for changes or find a complete schedule of Algonquin sports, including JV, freshmen, and unified match ups, click here. Follow these links for the Assabet sports schedule and the St. Mark’s sports schedule.)