Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options. (Most, but not all, can be participated in, watched live, and replayed from home.)**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, May15, 2023
- Select Board Meeting, 8:00 am @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Appoint School Committee Rep to Neary School Building Committee
Tuesday, May 16, 2023
- Southborough Housing Authority Meeting, 5:30 pm @ Colonial Gardens, 49 Boston Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Vote on DHCD Public Housing Notice 2023-03 – Wage Match for State Housing Program Tenants; Discuss rep on SHOPC; Approve Certificate of Substantial Completion for FISH Project #277051 (Whole House Heat Pump)
- St. Mark’s Street Park Working Group Meeting, 7:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss VHB Park Design
- Youth Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Director’s Report; Mental Health Awareness Month; commission job descriptions, nominations and reappointments; Friends update
- Neary Building Committee and OPM Selection Subcommittee Joint Meeting, 7:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Organization of Subcommittee; Review Owner’s Project Manager Selection process; vote on draft RFP
Wednesday, May 17, 2023
- Greater Boroughs Partnership for Health Advisory Meeting, 12:30 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Budget Planning and workplan for grants for public health excellence and Covid-19 contact tracing; Disease Investigation Standard Operating Procedures
- Regional School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Elect Officers, School Choice Public Hearing and vote; Math Department Presentation; Approve 2023-4 Student Handbook
- Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting, 7:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on special permits for 8 Winter St (front deck addition) and 16 East Main Street (use as preschool classroom)
Thursday, May 18, 2023
- Community Center Exploration Committee Meeting, 8:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Neary Building Committee Update; Review any public feedback; Review and vote to send consultant’s scope and proposal to Select Board
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Open Space Preservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Master Plan and OSRP Review (Sudbury Valley Trustees priorities for land protection, Invasive Species work with SOLF and DCR); Site Plan Review of St Mark’s Road Park and school parking lot, Fayville Village Hall
Thursday, May 11, 2023
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Trottier Field Upgrades and Usage; Hiring Pickleball Instructor and camp counselors; Kallander – CPA Update; Stanton Foundation Update; vote on ARPA Request
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Rte 9 Business Corridor Initiative grant; New Grant opportunity; Review EDC’s projects from the Master Plan; One Stop grant application
Friday, May 12, 2023
- Library Board of Trustees Meeting, 11:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Façade Restoration; Mass Library Construction Program; Community Center Exploration Committee Update; Library Director Evaluation
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Town Committee/Board Meetings:
- If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be broadcast or captured on video.
- To remotely participate in meetings that allow zoom, click here.
- Cable Access — Southborough Access Media has resumed broadcasting the regular evening meetings for the Select Board, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals that take place in the Town House Hearing Room. (Those meetings will still allow zoom participation.) View SAM’s live and replayed broadcasts via their Government cable access channel (Verizon-38 and Charter-194).
- To live stream (or view later) remote or hybrid meetings (even those covered by Southborough Access Media) over the internet, use the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (The meetings covered by SAM can also be streamed on their website here, and eventually on SAM’s YouTube Channel.)
- School Committee Meetings:
- Subcommittee meetings and some special meetings are only available to attend/view live (in person or by “webinar”) with no later rebroadcast.
- Regular Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a couple of days.)
- Regular Regional School Committee meetings (or Combined meetings based at Algonquin) are live broadcast by Northborough Cable Access here and on Southborough’s Education Channel (Verizon-29 and Charter-194). The meetings are also eventually rebroadcast and available through NCAT’s VideoOnDemand player and YouTube channel (though that can take several days).
- Southborough does participate in some regional collaboratives hosted in other towns. Those committees follow their own rules and may not offer a way to re-watch zoom meetings.