Fall sports have just kicked off, but it’s already time to start sign up to play hoops this winter.
Southborough Youth Basketball asked me to help spread the word. In looking at their website, I learned they are offering free clinics for those who plan to tryout — starting tonight!
Town Program (grades 1-8 for Girls and Boys)
All children of all skill levels are encouraged to learn the game, have fun and socialize with friends. All children play an equal amount, and get to explore different positions.
- The 10 Game Season begins mid-November and runs through late February. (No Playoffs)
- Games are on Saturday, with practice once per week.
- Play is against Southborough and Northborough Town teams.
Travel Program (grades 4-8, Girls and Boys)
This is for children interested in pursuing more competitive play and willing to make a greater commitment. Players are selected through a tryout process that opens October 1st.
- Note: Players who want to play for both Town and Travel Basketball need to register for each program.
- Each group (grade and gender) will have two sessions for evaluations and “It is highly recommended for players to attend both”. (Click here for the schedule and more details.)
- The 12 Game Season runs early December through the end of February followed by playoffs starting in early March.
- Games are on Sundays with practice usually two nights per week.
- Play against other towns in Greater Boston/Metrowest.
Free Pre-Travel Tryout Clinic
From their website:
Southborough Youth Basketball is sponsoring a clinic style workout for all players trying out for Travel basketball this year!
There is no cost for the session(s). Players should bring water and a basketball marked with their name. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4TH GRADE BOYS: Thursday 9/21 at Finn 6 – 7:30pm and Thursday 9/28 at Finn 6 – 7:30pm
5TH GRADE BOYS: Wednesday 9/20 at Finn 6 – 7:30pm and Wednesday 9/27 at Finn 6 – 7:30pm
6TH GRADE BOYS: Tuesday 9/19 at Trottier 6 – 7:30pm and Tuesday 9/26 at Trottier 6 – 7:30pm
7/8TH GRADE BOYS: Wednesday 9/20 at Trottier 7:30 – 9pm and Wednesday 9/27 at Trottier 7:30 – 9pm
4/5TH GRADE GIRLS: Thursday 9/21 at Finn 6 – 7:30pm and Thursday 9/28 at Finn 6 – 7:30pm
6TH GRADE GIRLS: Wednesday 9/20 at Trottier 6 – 7:30pm and Wednesday 9/27 at Trottier 6 – 7:30pm
7/8TH GRADE GIRLS: Thursday 9/21 at Finn 7:30 – 9pm and Thursday 9/28 at Finn 7:30 – 9pm
For more details on the SYBA program, or to register, visit southboroughbasketball.org. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.