Concerns about overly-aggressive solicitors continued this week, with a number of calls coming from all across town. You’ll find more detail below in the latest logs from the Southborough Police Department (via Facebook).
Friday, September 7, 2012
- 1:57 am – ARRESTED: A Shrewsbury man was arrested and charged with OUI Alcohol and Marked Lanes Violation.
- 6:35 am – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Sears Road residence.
- 9:16 am – Officers investigated a report of a suspicious male party in a vehicle on Granuaile Road. The individual checked out ok.
- 11:01 am – A Pine Hill Road resident reported an unregistered solicitor in the area. The solicitor was located and asked to leave the area.
- 1:36 pm – A Meadow Lane resident reported that their mailbox was vandalized or possibly hit by a vehicle. The responding officer advised that a report will be filed on the incident.
- 3:08 pm – Officers investigated a report of a suspicious van in the parking lot of St. Anne’s Church. The vehicle and the operator checked out ok.
- 4:40 pm – An Atwood Street resident reported an aggressive solicitor at their home. The solicitor was located and advised to stop their aggressive tactics.
- 4:56 pm – ARRESTED: A Marlboro Road resident was arrested and charged with Disorderly Conduct, and was issued a citation for Erratic Operation of a Motor Vehicle after a motor vehicle crash on Marlboro Road.
- 7:50 pm – A Parmenter Road resident reported solicitors were still soliciting in the area (after dark). The responding officer reported that the solicitors had now left the area.
- 8:17 pm – A Southville Road resident reported that she was receiving harassing phone calls and text messages. A follow up investigation was conducted by the responding officer.
- 10:56 pm – Officers assisted a disabled motorist on White Bagley Road.
Saturday, September 8, 2012
- 3:33 am – Officers checked on a suspicious motor vehicle parked on Woodland Road by Turnpike Road. The vehicle checked out ok.
- 4:56 am – Officers checked on a suspicious motor vehicle parked in the lot of a Turnpike Road business. The vehicle and the operator checked out ok.
- 7:21 am – A motorist from Worcester, MA was issued a Criminal Application for Operating a Motor Vehicle with a Revoked Registration and Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle.
- 9:25 am – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Parkerville Road residence.
- 3:14 pm – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Sadie Hutt Lane residence.
- 5:14 pm – A Deerfoot Road resident called to report aggressive solicitors in the area of Deerfoot Road. The solicitor was located and spoken to.
- 5:37 pm – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Ted Lane residence.
- 6:04 pm – A Wildwood Drive resident called to report having a problem with a solicitor at their residence. The responding officer spoke with the solicitor.
- 6:37 pm – A Bryden Road resident called to report a solicitor was asking to come inside and use her phone. The solicitor was located and advised by the responding officer.
- 7:33 pm – A Sears Road resident called to report solicitors in the area. The responding officer was unable to locate any solicitors upon arrival to the area.
- 7:43 pm – Officers responded to a burglar alarm at a Metacomet Lane residence.
- 8:15 pm – Officers responded to Woodland Road to investigate another complaint about aggressive solicitors. The solicitor had left the area prior to the officer’s arrival on scene.
- 10:04 pm – Officers investigated a two car, motor vehicle accident on Southville Road. No injuries were reported at the scene.
Sunday, September 9, 2012
- 12:24 am – Officers investigated a noise complaint at a Woodbury Road residence. The homeowner was advised to keep the noise down.
- 2:51 am – A Framingham motorist was issued a Criminal Application for Operating a Motor Vehicle with a Revoked Registration; Attaching Plates; and Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle.
- 4:28 am – A resident of East Main Street called to report that they just heard their garage door open. Responding officers checked the area and advised that it could have been a power surge in the area. No findings of anything suspicious.
- 4:34 pm – Officers responded to Marlboro Road for a report of an erratic operator in the area. The responding officers were unable to locate the suspect vehicle.
- 4:46 pm – A Marlboro Road resident reported a possible phone scam. The responding officer will be conducting a follow-up on the incident.
- 5:13 pm – A medical was reported at a Parkerville Road residence.
- 6:26 pm – Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Main Street.
- 6:36 pm – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Carriage Hill Circle residence.