When you head to the polls next week, you’ll have more than just the candidates to think about. You’ll also have some tough decisions to make on three ballot questions covering income taxes, marijuana, and dog racing.
As you no doubt already know, Question 1 on whether to eliminate the state income tax is by far the most controversial. The Northborough Board of Selectmen voted recently to publicly oppose the measure. No such guidance has been offered by Southborough Selectmen, so you’re left to make up your own mind. Here are some resources to help you out.
- Summary of Ballot Questions from the Elections Division
- Voter Information pamphlet (an online version of the red voter’s guide that arrived in your mailbox a while back)
- Boston Globe’s Campaign08 page which includes lots of coverage on all 3 ballot questions
- Question 1: Eliminate state income tax
- Question 2: Decriminalize marijuana
- Question 3: Dog racing ban
Update: Here’s a nice ballot guide from the Boston Globe. For each ballot question it gives pro and con statements, along with a list of notable supporters and opponents.