The final warrant for the April Town Meeting is available starting today. With 20 pages covering a mere 26 articles, this year’s warrant is by all accounts, well, brief. But there’s still plenty of meat in it.
See for yourself by picking up a hardcopy at the Town House, Library, or at the Transfer Station. Or view the complete warrant online at the Southborough Advisory Committee website.
Here’s a peak at some of the articles:
- A new agreement for the Algonquin reimbursement (Article 7)
- Town capital requests like two new police cruisers for $62K and DPW equipment for $155K (Article 9)
- $750K for improvements to the water tanks on Oak Hill Road and Tara Road (Article 10)
- School capital requests, including among other things sealing and coating the parking lot at Neary for $12K and fixing the heat in kitchen at Woodward for $25K (Article 11)
- School technology requests totaling $205K (Article 12)
- Health insurance for retirees (Article 17)
- Additional Community Preservation Act (CPA) funds to restore South Union School (Article 20)
- Funding for a curator to assess the collection of the Southborough Historical Society (Article 22)