The Metrowest Daily News is reporting that a student at St. Mark’s has a confirmed case of swine flu. The student has not been on campus since April 30, but St. Mark’s canceled all meetings, school-wide lunches, large-group meetings, and chapel service as a precaution.
The article says a second Southborough resident was tested for swine flu, but results were negative.
At the Board of Selectmen meeting on Tuesday night, Chairman Bill Boland said school officials, representatives from the Board of Health, and the police and fire chiefs met last week to discuss how to respond to swine flu cases in town. “I think the town is prepared,” Boland said.
What do you think? Now that there’s a confirmed case in town, are you more freaked out than before? Will you make any changes to your daily routine or that of your kids? Are you thinking about running to Walgreens to stock up on face masks and hand sanitizer? Or is it business as usual for you?
Vote in the latest My Southborough poll (in the sidebar to the right), and share your thoughts in the comments section.
What you need to know about swine flu