The special town meeting is a week from today. You can pick up a copy of the warrant at the library, Town House, police station or transfer station. You can also download a copy (.pdf) from the town website.
The meeting starts on September 29 at 7:00 pm at the Trottier auditorium. A quorum of 100 is needed before things can get rolling. If you’re never attended a town meeting before (or even if you have), you might want to review my tips for town meeting newbies.
If you need to get caught up on some of the topics that will come up at town meeting, here are some links to get you started.
- Article 4: Fire Department ladder truck
- Article 7: Police department SUV
- Article 9: Door-to-door solicitor restrictions
- Article 10: Public consumption of marijuana
- Article 12: Moving town meeting day to Saturday
There are others, but those are some of the biggies. For the complete list of articles, pick up a copy of the warrant.