With only one contested race, election season has been relatively quiet this year. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t important decisions to make when you head to the polls on Monday. Here’s everything you need to know.
When to vote
Polls are open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on Monday, May 9.
Where to vote
Southborough has three precincts, and each precinct votes at a different location. Don’t know what precinct you’re in? Visit http://www.wheredoivotema.com/. You can also check the precinct map (PDF) posted by the Town Clerk’s office.
- Precinct 1: Woodward Elementary School, 28 Cordaville Rd. (map)
- Precinct 2: Trottier Middle School, 49 Parkerville Rd. (map)
- Precinct 3: Finn School, 60 Richards Rd. (map)
Who’s on the ballot
In Southborough’s only contested race, Dan Kolenda and Jeff Rosenberg will square off for a seat on the Board of Selectmen. (Initially the race for Southborough Housing Authority was contested, but candidate Paul Morin apparently withdrew leaving only Jean Chappelle running for the single spot.)
Here are all the names you’ll find on the ballot this year.
- Town Clerk (vote for one): Paul Berry, candidate for re-election
- Moderator (vote for one): David Coombs, candidate for re-election
- Board of Selectmen (vote for one): Daniel Kolenda, Jeffrey Rosenbert
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Funds (vote for one): William Boland
- Board of Assessors (vote for one): Thomas Beaumont, candidate for re-election
- Board of Health (vote for one): Nancy Sacco, candidate for re-election
- Board of Library Trustees (vote for two): Judith Budz, candidate for re-election; Nancy Mayo
- Assabet School Committee (vote for one): James Denman
- K-8 School Committee (vote for two): Kathleen Harragan, candidate for re-election; Paul Desmond
- Regional School Committee, Southborough candidate (vote for two): Paul Butka, candidate for re-election; David Rueger
- Regional School Committee, Northborough candidate (vote for two): Shirley Lundberg, vacancy
- Planning Board (vote for one): Kathleen Bartolini
- Southborough Housing Authority (vote for one): Jean Chappelle
Some background reading in case you need to catch up.