The Recreation Department has planned a summer full of activities for both kids and adults. Here’s a summary of some of the programs that are coming up. For more information and a complete list of programs, visit www.southboroughrecreation.com.
Half day summer camp
Age appropriate camps are offered in eight one-week sessions beginning June 27 and running through August 19. Camps run rain or shine and there is no limit to the number of weeks you can register for. Non-residents are welcome to register at no additional fee. Sessions run Monday through Friday, from 9am to 12pm, with an optional one hour lunch period for an additional fee. The regular rates are $109 per week and $43 per Optional Lunch Hour. You can read more about the summer camps in this post.
- Boston Red Sox vs Baltimore Orioles (3days/2nights) – A chartered deluxe motor coach will leave Southborough at 6 am on July 18 and deliver you to Baltimore for a 2 night stay at the Westin or similar hotel, narrated stadium tour, 2-hour narrated
sightseeing tour of Baltimore with time to browse Baltimore’s Harbor Place and delightful harbor cruises.
- Trump Plaza Casino & Resort (3 days/2 nights) – A chartered deluxe motor coach will leave Southborough at 6 am on August 16 and deliver you to the Trump Plaza Casion & Resort for a 2 night stay. Bonus package per person, See the USAF Thunderbirds Precision Flying Team, the US Army Black Daggers and the Golden Knights – crack parachute teams and much more perform on the boardwalk.
Preschool and youth programs
- Swim Programs at Shrewsbury Health and Racquet Club – Age appropriate lessons begin June 20.
- Summer Horse Riding Programs at Lil Folk Farm – Age appropriate lessons begin July 11.
- Act, Sing and Dance – Learn about theater through improv games, make-believe, art and music. First of two sessions begins on July 11, Monday to Friday.
- The Play’s the Thing – Learn the basics of writing plays, improvisation, acting, singing, and maybe some dancing too! Write a play, design a set and costumes and at the end of camp, perform our new show. Two week session begins July 5.
- PK T-ball – Learn the basic skills of fielding, throwing, and base running. Play games such as home run derby. Five Saturdays starting Saturday June 25.
- PK Soccer – Learn the fundamental skills of dribbling, trapping, shooting and passing. Scrimmages, shoot outs, breakaways and 1 on 1s will give you a chance to practice. Four Saturdays starting August 6.
- PK Basketball – Increase passing, shooting and dribbling skills. Learn the proper techniques of playing defense and playing together as a team in a fun setting. Four Saturdays starting August 6.
- Mini Hawks – Multi-sports camps designed to introduce young athletes (4 to 6 years) to a number of sports. Participant to coach ratio is approximately 5:1. Five days, first session starts June 27, second August 1.
- Multi Hawks – Multi-sports camps designed to introduce young athletes (7 to 10 years) to a number of sports. Participant to coach ratio is approximately 5:1. Five days, first session starts June 27, second August 1.
- Lacrosse – Beginner – Learn the fundamentals of stick handling, cradling, passing and shooting in a fun, non-checking environment. Five days begins July 11.
- Basketball – Skill intensive workshop for beginner to intermediate player. Teaches your child skills needed both on and off the court to be a better athlete. Five days beginning July 25.
- Flag Football – Game strategies, catching techniques and how to work together as a team. Five days beginning July 11.
- Baseball Clinic – Beginners to advanced players will be challenged as they work on hitting, throwing mechanics, infield and outfield play, pitching and game competition daily. Five days beginning July 18.
- Kangaroo Clinic Field Hockey Skills Camp – There will be individual and group skills sessions, set play development and strategy sessions each day. Grades 7-12, Four days beginning July 26
- Junior Field Hockey Clinic – Introduce young players to the sport of Field Hockey. Focus on developing basic skills. Four days, beginning July 18
- Field Hockey Clinic – Designed to teach and improve field hockey fundamentals. August 1-4, 5th is rain date.
- All Day Supersports – Variety of sports offered such as soccer, basketball flag football, dodge ball, matt ball and kick ball. Five days, beginning July 18
- Boys Lax Clinic – Introduce youth players to the skills of lacrosse. Lessons teach fundamental lacrosse movements. Four days, beginning July 25.
- Volleyball Clinics – Middle school and high school camps include Initial Volleyball, Varsity, Setter/Defense and Advanced. First session begins July 11.
- Sailing and Kayaking at Hopkinton State Park – variety of programs beginning June 27
- Youth Tennis at Richardson Courts – Age and skill appropriate sessions beginning June 27
- Youth Golf Lessons at Pinecrest Golf Club – Age appropriate programs beginning June 27
- Archery – Introduction to target archery. Learn and practice proper shooting techniques and terminology. First session begins July 12, second begins August 9.
Women’s Recreation Softball League – Manager of full teams register with Hopkinton Parks and Recreation. League play begins July 11. Contact Hopkinton Parks and Recreations.