In Southborough, we save our fireworks for Summer Nights in August. That means if you’re looking to celebrate the Fourth with a bang, you’ll have to make a bit of a trek.
Here’s a list of some of the fireworks shows in our general area. See here for a complete list of displays across the state. (Thanks to Dave C. for sharing that link in this week’s open thread, and to the others who chimed in.)
Friday, July 1
- Harvard: Fruitlands Museum (rain date July 8)
- Worcester: 10:00 pm, Cristoforo Columbo Park (East Park)
Saturday, July 2
- Acton: 9:30 pm, NARA Park
- Lexington: Approx. 9:30 pm, Center Field
Sunday, July 3
- Milford: 10:00 pm, Fino Field (rain date July 5)
- Sharon: Dusk, Memorial Park Beach
Monday, July 4
- Boston: 10:30 pm, over Hatch Shell (rain date July 5)
- Lincoln: 7:00 pm, Codman Pool
- Newton: 9:00 pm, Halloran Sports Field & Sports Complex (rain date July 5)
If it’s a family-friendly party you’re after, you need travel no farther than Westborough. They’ll hold their annual Fourth of July Block Party today from 6:00 to 10:00 pm in the center of town. The event features food, live music, a magic show and activities for the kids.
You’ll find more ways to celebrate in this article in the Metrowest Daily News. If you’re heading into Boston for the concert and fireworks on the Esplanade, note that the MBTA commuter rail will be running on a Saturday schedule. The last train out may be held for 45 minutes after the conclusion of the fireworks.