Here are the latest logs from the Southborough Police Department (via their Facebook page).
Friday, January 20, 2012
- 12:33 am – Officers investigated a one car, motor vehicle accident on Boston Road at Central Street. The vehicle had left the roadway, and landed in a ditch. No injuries were reported from the scene of the accident.
- 4:12 am – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Willow Street business.
- 5:42 am – A Ward Road resident reported that their Golden Retriever was lost. The Animal Control Officer was notified, and officers checked the area.
- 7:18 am – Officers investigated a one car, motor vehicle accident on Parkerville Road near Skylar Drive. The vehicle had left the roadway and struck a tree, but no injuries were reported from the scene.
- 7:45 am – A motorist reported that the lights at Southville Road and Cordaville Road were not functioning. DPW and National Grid were notified and responded to the scene.
- 8:54 am – Westborough Police notified Southborough Police that they had received a report of a white pick-up truck operating erratically, while heading west into Southborough on Turnpike Road. The reporting party stated the pick-up’s windshield was covered in snow, giving the driver a very limited view of the roadway. Officers responded to Turnpike Road, but the vehicle had left the area prior to their arrival.
- 9:37 am – Officers attempted to serve a Restraining Order to a Turnpike Road resident.
- 11:02 am – Officers responded with the SFD for a report of smoke in the area of Lover’s Lane.
- 11:43 am – Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Turnpike Road.
- 12:13 pm – Westborough Police advised that they had received a report of an erratic motorist leaving their town and heading into Southborough (via Turnpike Road). Officers checked the area, but were unable to locate the vehicle. Advised that it was possible the vehicle had turned onto Route 495. Mass. State Police were notified of the report.
- 1:14 pm – Officers investigated a report of a large tree limb lying across power lines in front of Fay School on Main Street. Officers responded and advised dispatch to contact National Grid to respond to the scene.
- 2:06 pm – A resident of High Street reported a problem with vehicles speeding on the road. A log entry was made of the complaint, and High Street will be added to the department’s requested radar patrol list.
- 3:24 pm – Officers investigated a one car, motor vehicle accident on Breakneck Hill Road. The vehicle had slid off the roadway, but no injuries were reported from the scene.
- 4:21 pm – A resident of Turnpike Road was served a Restraining Order by Southborough Police.
- 6:35 pm – Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Main Street.
- 6:46 pm – Officer investigated an abandoned 911 call from St. Mark’s School grounds.
- 7:01 pm – A resident of Latisquama Road reported an attempted fraud through a Craigslist transaction. The responding officer took a report and the information has been forwarded to the Detective.
- 7:54 pm – A medical was reported at a John Matthews Road residence.
- 7:56 pm – Southborough Police was notified that there would be an attempted repossession of a vehicle from a Boston Road residence.
- 11:29 pm – Officers investigated a report of a leaking fire hydrant in front of a Turnpike Road business. The hydrant was located and the Water Department was notified.
Saturday, January 21, 2012
- 3:12 am – Holliston Police requested the assistance of Southborough Police in the investigation of a hit & run that had occurred in their town. A vehicle matching the description that belonged to a School Street resident was checked for possible damage. Responding officers reported that there was no damage to the vehicle. HPD was notified.
- 5:28 am – Officers investigated an abandoned 911 call from a Turnpike Road business.
- 6:51 am – DPW was called out to sand and salt the slippery roadways.
- 7:51 am – Southborough officers assisted Framingham Police with a two car, motor vehicle accident that had occurred in their town at the town line (on Turnpike Road).
- 1:07 pm – Officers responded to a report of a vehicle blocking the roadway on Red Gate Lane. The owner of the vehicle was located, and the vehicle was removed from the road.
- 2:18 pm – Southborough officers responded with the Mass. State Police to 495 Southbound for a report of a motor vehicle accident with injuries. State Police advised that they were all set once on scene.
- 11:43 pm – ARRESTED: A Natick man was arrested and charged with Operating a Motor Vehicle without a License and Speeding. A passenger in the vehicle was placed into Protective Custody due to alcohol intoxication.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
- 8:59 am – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Jacobs Lane residence.
- 10:54 am – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Wildwood Drive residence.
- 12:01 pm – A Southborough Police officer, who was on a detail on Parmenter Road, reported a black SUV illegally passing other vehicles in the area. Responding officers were unable to locate the vehicle.
- 12:03 pm – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Carriage Hill Circle residence.
- 12:43 pm – A resident of Red Gate Lane reported a stray dog in the woods near their home. The Animal Control Officer was notified.
- 5:28 pm – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Sears Road residence.
- 6:02 pm – A resident of Clifford Road reported that a person in a silver Volkswagon Bug had just tried to deliver them a pizza. The vehicle had left the scene prior to the responding officer’s arrival.
- 10:55 pm – ARRESTED: An Ashalnd man was arrested and charged with Operating Under the Influence of an Intoxicating Liquor, Marked Lanes Violations, and No License in Possession.