The deadline for filing nomination papers has come and gone, leaving voters with two contested races in town elections this year. Current Zoning Board of Appeals member Leo Bartolini will challenge incumbent Bill Boland for a seat on the Board of Selectmen. In the race for Planning Board, Andrew Mills and Sam Stivers will vie for a 1-year term on the board.
All other races have as many candidates as they have available seats. Here’s a look at the names you’ll see on the ballot at town elections in May.
- Assabet School Committee (vote for one): James W. Denman*
- Board of Assessors (vote for one): Arthur Holmes*
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Funds (vote for one): Michael Bakshi
- Board of Health (vote for one): Louis Fazen*
- Board of Selectmen (vote for one): William Boland*, Leo F. Bartolini
- Board of Trustees, Library (vote for two): Jane Smith*, Beth Rosenbloom*
- Town Moderator (vote for one): David Combs*
- Northborough-Southborough Regional School Committee (vote for two): Kathleen Harragan*, Susan Dargan*
- Planning Board (5-year term, vote for one): Donald Morris*
- Planning Board (1-year term, vote for one): Andrew Mills, Sam Stivers
- Southborough School Committee (vote for two): Marybeth Strickland*, Gerald Capra
- Southborough Housing Authority (vote for one): Marianna Surette
Note to the candidates: As I have in past election seasons, I offer any of you space on the blog to get your message across. If you’re interested in doing a ‘Meet the Candidate’ post, please get in touch (email@example.com).