Two homes were broken into on School Street close to the center of town on Friday. One home was entered through rear window, but the other’s front door was brazenly forced in.
A direct report from one homeowner informed me that her bedroom was rifled, but they had no valuable jewelry in the home. Burglars left behind a nook and ipod that were out in open.
Reports indicate that burglars have generally been after jewels. So if you have valuable jewelry, you may want to consider how you store it and make sure you have records for your insurance.
Other recent complaints to police include holes in Oak Hill Road construction, and power going out with a bang. Read about those incidents and more in the latest logs from the Southborough Police Department.
Friday, August 9
- 1122 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Pine Hill Road residence.
- 1208 hrs- Officers assisted a Southville Road resident with a domestic issue.
- 1237 hrs- Officers investigated a two car, motor vehicle accident on Cordaville Road. No injuries were reported from the scene of the accident.
- 1256 hrs- Officers investigated a one car, motor vehicle accident on Pine Hill Road. No injuries were reported from the scene of the accident.
- 1332 hrs- Officers investigated a report of a wire hanging in the roadway on Breakneck Hill Road. The wire was a telephone wire, and Verizon was notified.
- 1445 hrs- A resident of School Street reported that their home was broken into at some point during the day. The front door of the home had been forced in, and several items were missing from inside the home. The break-in is currently under investigation, and anyone with information regarding the B&E is encouraged to contact Det. Sean McCarthy at (508) 485-2121.
- 1536 hrs- Officers investigated a second B&E to a School Street residence, after the homeowner came home to find their air conditioner unit pushed inside the home. Officers searched the home with the homeowner, but did not find anything missing from the home. The incident is also currently under investigation.
- 1541 hrs- Officers investigated a report of a Restraining Order violation.
- 1637 hrs- An officer responded to Oak Hill Road to check on the condition of the road, after numerous calls/complaints about large holes in the construction area (due to heavy rain). The responding officer advised dispatch to contact the DPW, as the road was determined to be a hazard.
- 1857 hrs- An officer responded to Old Harry Road to investigate a complaint of a suspicious vehicle driving around the area. The vehicle had left the area prior to the officer arriving on scene.
- 2020 hrs- Officers investigated a complaint of unwanted parties at a Turnpike Road business.
- 2021 hrs- An officer investigated a report of a loud “bang” in the area of Stowe Road. Residents soon reported that they were without power. National Grid was notified of the incident.
- 2152 hrs- Officers responded to Woodland Road for a tree down, pulling wires across the roadway. Traffic was shut down until National Grid could arrive on scene.
- 2347 hrs- Westborough Police requested Southborough to check the Turnpike Road area for a suicidal party that may be travelling through town. Officers reported back negative findings in the area.
Saturday, August 10
- 0238 hrs- Shrewsbury Police requested Southborough Police’s assistance in making a notification to a Southborough resident.
- 0430 hrs- Officers investigated a noise complaint at a Southville Road residence.
- 0709 hrs- Officers investigated a report of a tree down and across the road on Fisher Road.
- 0957 hrs- Officers responded to a Turnpike Road residence to assist in a landlord/tenant dispute.
- 1128 hrs- Officers responded to a Park Street business to assist with an out-of-control customer.
- 1240 hrs- Officers responded to a Turnpike Road business to investigate a report of a domestic dispute in progress. Responding officers reported back that the dispute was verbal in nature, and no criminal charges were filed.
- 1341 hrs- Officers conducted a requested well-being check of an East Main Street resident.
- 1709 hrs- An officer checked on the traffic lights on Cordaville Road after a motorist reported that they were malfunctioning.
- 1909 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Summit Road residence.
- 1939 hrs- An officer checked on a report of a tree down in the road on Fisher Road.
- 2106 hrs- An officer assisted a Middle Road resident in removing a bat from their home.
- 2146 hrs- Officers investigated a noise complaint (possible fireworks) in the area of Parkerville Road.
- 2240 hrs- Officers responded to Southville Road for a report of an erratic operator in the area. The responding officers reported back negative findings.
Sunday, August 11
- 0047 hrs- Officers investigated a noise complaint on Ward Road.
- 1007 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Killam Farm Lane residence.
- 1950 hrs- A medical was reported on Marlboro Road.
- 2129 hrs- Officers investigated a report of a sink hole on Cordaville Road. DPW was notified and responded to the scene.
- 2203 hrs- Officers responded to Oak Hill Road to investigate a report of a large amount of cars in the roadway. The responding officers reported back negative findings.