Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Saturday, September 21, 2013:
- Applefest @ Northborough: Today’s events include: 5K Road Race, Parade, Street Fair, Afternoon Chicken BBQ, Night Barbecue and Concert, Fireworks, Apple Pie Cafe, Art in Bloom, Ice Cream Social, Roaming Train, Jewelry Bazaar, Saturday Night Free Movie, and Side Walk Book Sale.
- New England Harmony Brigade (8:30 – 9:30 pm) @ Algonquin: ARHS’ Chamber, Camerata and A-Gents Choral groups will be the opening act for the 2nd annual concert of acapella and barbershop music. ($15 pp, $10 for students 18 and under)
Sunday, September 22, 2013:
- Last day of Applefest @ Northborough: Today’s events include: Boy Scout Pancake Breakfast, Classic Car Show, Art in Bloom, and the Ice Cream Social.
Monday, September 23, 2013:
- School Public Safety Forum (7:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School, Auditorium: Update on “safe school readiness”. Hosted by Northborough and Southborough schools with the towns’ police departments. Special presentation by Lieutenant Scott Sencabaugh from the North Eastern Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council.
Wednesday, September 25, 2013:
- Fruitland Museum art series @ the Senior Center: This week’s topic – Clara Endicott Sears and the History of the Fruitlands Museum. Lunch by Tasty Home Cookin. Register at the Senior Center desk to attend. (Suggested Donation: $6 for Friends/$10 for Non-Friends)
Thursday, September, 26, 2013:
- Board of Health Vaccine Clinic (11:00 am – 5:00 pm) @ Senior Center: Flu Clinic for residents 12 years of age and older. Pneumonia Vaccine will also be available for Seniors, ages 65 and older. (Residents must bring their insurance cards and wear short sleeves.)
- The Southborough Genealogy Club (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Join us for a screening of classes on YouTube and more – familysearch.com, ancestry.com and other locations for online genealogy instruction. Useful handouts to take back to your home computer. This program is free and open to the public. It is appropriate for all ages and all skill levels.
Friday, September 27, 2013:
- NSPAC Dessert/Coffee Hour (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School, Cafeteria: Northborough/Southborough Special Education Parent Advisory Council’s “Welcome Back” meeting. Find out more about the district’s Special Education services.Meet NSPAC members, a group of supportive parents who have “been there.” See what we have planned for the year and learn how we provide information and support for families. This event is open to all district families.
Saturday, September 28, 2013:
- Jeannie Mack Interactive Sing-along (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Fay School: Children’s musician and songwriter will perform some of her lively original songs and traditional favorites. Designed for children ages 2-8 along with their parents. The event is free, but guests need to to reserve a spot at www.fayschool.org/saturdays.
Updated (9/21 7:38 pm) The library’s Underground Mammals takes place in October