Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Tuesday, February 4, 2014:
- NSPAC’s “Coffee and Connect” (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Northborough Library: Northborough/Southborough Special Education Parent Advisory Council monthly session. These are an opportunity for attendees to connect with others in the special education community. A specific topic of discussion is chosen by the participants of that session and time is also allocated for sharing and brainstorming on challenges and unmet needs. For any updates/cancellations or to join the NSPAC email list, please go to our website, www.nspac.org
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- ARHS 8th Grade Course Selection Night (6:30 pm) @ Auditorium, Algonquin Regional High School
- Library’s Teen Advisory Group (6:30 – 7:30 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Come and provide valuable input into the purchasing of young adult books and materials as well as help plan teen programs. Pizza and soda are donated by the Friends of the Southborough Library. Southborough ‘tweens and teens ages 11-18 are welcome to join this group. Call 508-485-5031 for more information.
- The Jungle Book Kids (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School: The Neary Theater program (with help from Skyrise Children’s Theater) is putting on Walt Disney’s “The Jungle Book Kids.” Tickets can be purchased at Neary Elementary School office and at the door. $5 admission. Assigned seating. Questions, contact email@example.com and 508-203-1759.
Wednesday, February 5, 2014:
- Assabet Valley PN Program Accreditation Open Meeting (3:00 – 5:00 pm) @ Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School: Community members are welcome to an open meeting with the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing visiting team for continued accreditation of AVRT’s Practical Nursing Program.
- Young Adult Book Club (6:30 – 7:30 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Come join the young adult book group to discuss Death Cloud, by Andy Lane. Pizza and soda are donated by the Southborough Dominos Pizza on Route 9.
Thursday, February 6, 2014:
- ARHS – College Panel for Junior Parents (7:30 am) @ Algonquin Regional High School: The school promises an eclectic panel of college admissions representatives to share their views on a host of variables related to the college acceptance decisions.
- Pablo Salcedo’ honorary induction to National Honor Society (6:30 pm) @ Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School cafeteria: AV senior Pablo Salcedo, from Westborough, died in a tragic accident this January. The school is honoring his birthday with this event including tribute speeches.
Friday, February 07, 2014:
- Bollywood event for young adults (6:30 – 10:00 pm) @ Fay School theater: Brought to you by the Southborough Library’s Teen Advisory Group. Watch a cultural film and enjoy Indian Cuisine. The film, Chennai Express, is a 2.5 hr romantic comedy adventure. (Rated PG in Canada) Please park behind the building on Middle Rd.
Saturday, February 8, 2014:
- Kids’ Valentine’s Day Party (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: All children are invited to the annual Valentine’s Day party at the library. This event will feature Valentine crafts, games, and cookie decorating! No registration is required. Sponsored by the Friends of the Southborough Library.
- Comedian Rabbi Bob Alper for Congregation B’nai Shalom (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Sheraton Framingham Hotel and Conference Center, 1657 Worcester Road, Framingham: A Night of Comedy, Community and Connections. Sponsored by Congregation B’nai Shalom of Westborough, the event will feature desserts, a cash bar, a basket raffle, balloon pop and a silent auction. Tickets: $60 per person, Tables of 10: $500. Tickets and more information are available through www.cbnaishalom.org.
Sunday, February 9, 2014:
Updated (2/3/14 8:12 pm): The Bollywood movie event for YA is on Friday night (not Thursday as was accidentally listed.)