Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Monday, June 2, 2014:
- ARHS – last day of finals for seniors
Tuesday, June 3, 2014:
- NSPAC’s “Coffee and Connect” (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Northborough Library: Northborough/Southborough Special Education Parent Advisory Council monthly session. These are an opportunity for attendees to connect with others in the special education community. A specific topic of discussion is chosen by the participants of that session and time is also allocated for sharing and brainstorming on challenges and unmet needs.
- Last Tuesday Preschool Storytime (10:30 am – 11:15 am) @ Southborough Public Library: This is the season’s last preschool story and craft time on Tuesday mornings. (Don’t worry, they will resume in the fall.) The story time is for children age 2-5 years and their parents or caregivers. Drop-in, no registration required.
- ARHS Senior Class Night (7:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School
Wednesday, June 4, 2014:
- Trottier Big Band (3:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Listen to Big Band music over a light dinner. Southborough’s award-winning big-band, lead by director Jamie Clark, is an audition only group comprised of sixth – eighth graders from Trottier Middle School. The musicians love to play big band and jazz tunes. The free performance starts at 4:00 pm. Please register by calling 508-229-4453.
- ARHS Pops Night (7:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School: The ARHS gym is transformed into a “Boston Pops” style venue. Every instrumental and choral ensemble performs and puts together a great show with plenty of surprises. For more details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, June 5, 2014:
- ARHS Senior Ball (7:00 pm)
- Author Night – Steve Ulfelder (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Steve Ulfelder will discuss his new mystery and answer questions from the audience. The Southborough author recently released Wolverine Bros Freight & Storage. It’s the 4th novel in his Conway Sax series, set in the Metrowest. No registration required for this free event. Presented by the Friends of the Southborough Library with the support of the Southborough Cultural Arts Council.
Friday, June 6, 2014:
- Flowering chair arrangement (1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Join Tina Bemis in making a flowering chair, with the latest spiller for 2014. The charming decoration is sure to make you smile, as you watch it explode in color, getting bigger and bigger every day. An example picture will be at the front desk of the senior center. Suggested donation $15 for friends of COA members, $25 for non-members. Please call 508-229-44532 to sign up.
Saturday, June 7, 2014:
- Friends of the Southborough Library Book Sale (10:00 am – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library, Main Street, Southborough, MA, United States: Annual fundraiser for The Friends of the Southborough Library. For more details, see dedicated post.
Sunday, June 8, 2014:
- ARHS Graduation Day (2:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School (Stay tuned for more details)