Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Monday, June 16, 2014:
- Evening of Jazz (7:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School: The school’s award-winning Big Band presents an evening of Jazz with saxophonist Dave Pietro. A cash donation for the Southborough Food Pantry or a dry/canned good is kindly accepted at the door. (For details, see dedicated post.)
Wednesday, June 18, 2014:
- The Concord Traveling Players (12:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Comedy dinner theater. Suggested donation: $6 for friends of COA members and $10 for non-members. Call 508-229-4453 to register. (For details, see dedicated post.)
Thursday, June 19, 2014:
- Southborough Summer Concert Series (6:00 pm – 8:00 pm) @ Neary School grounds: The band Soul Custody (with teacher Matt Cassell) will perform contemporary jazz. Free family friendly concert. (Rain Date: Thursday, June 26). Remember to pack a picnic blanket, but buy your dinner there to support Send a Kid to Camp. (For details, see dedicated post.)
- The Friends of the Southborough Library (7:30 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Please come support the annual election of the board. (For details, see dedicated post.)
Friday, June 20, 2014:
- Bingo (12:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Come join Lena and Frank for an afternoon of Bingo, fun, prizes and of course Frank’s jokes. Bingo will start promptly at 12:30. The room will be open at noon if you would like to bring and enjoy your lunch before numbers are called.
- Parents’ Night Out (5:00 – 8:30 pm) @ St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 27 Main St: Drop off party for kids aged 3 to grade 5. Games, pizza, movie, crafts, prizes, and more! Fees will support youth group mission. (For details, see dedicated post.)
- Cruise into Summer (7:45 – 11:00 pm) @ Boston Harbor: Southborough Scholarship Committee fundraiser. Harbor cruise with entertainment. Advanced tickets cost $50 per person; at the gate $60. You can also advance book a seat on a charter bus from Woodward for $25. For more details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, June 21, 2014:
- Steeple Coffeehouse (7:30 pm) @ Pilgrim Church: No Fuss and Feathers Roadshow – 3 award-winning folk acts team up for an evening of harmony, rhythm, and uproarious fun. Doors open at 7:00 pm. Tickets available In advance: $15 General/$12 Students & Seniors. At the door: $18 General/$15 Students & Seniors. For more details, visit www.steeplecoffeehouse.org.
Sunday, June 22, 2014:
- Parish Picnic (following 10:00 am service) @ St. Mark’s Episcopal Church: Potluck picnic for St. Mark’s parishioners
Updated (6/16/14 9:57 am): Included link to Parents’ Night Out post.
Updated (6/16/14 10:45 am): Added in missing weekend events.