For some of us, this week marks the start of summer. Now that school is out, what do we do with the kids?
Yesterday, I pointed out town camp programs to get the kids off your hands for a bit. But what if you actually want to enjoy time with your kids?
It’s a great time to take advantage of discounts on attractions and special free events.
The Southborough Library offers several discount passes to museums/parks. One that you should snap up now is the New England Aquarium:
- The aquarium completed their renovation this year. The penguins are all back. There’s a large new touch screen area to learn about the marine life there. But the major renovation was vastly improved accessibility to the top of the Giant Ocean Tank.
- Library passes to the aquarium offer a savings of $15 per adult and $8 per child up to 4 people.
- The passes aren’t good in July or August, so use them this week or plan for September!
For information on the library pass program, including 9 other passes, click here.
One offering that isn’t as time sensitive is out of the Southborough Recreation Department. This summer, they are offering discount tickets to three fun area attractions:
- Water Country – $31 per person
- Canobie Lake Park – $31 per person
- 6 Flags New England – $38 per person
If those price tags are still a little steep for your taste, then mark your calendars for Free Fun Fridays. The popular program by Highland Street Foundation is back.
- Franklin Park Zoo
- Cape Cod Maritime Museum
- Worcester Art Museum
- The Sports Museum
- Mass MoCA
- MIT Museum
There are 59 more Massachusetts museums participating in the program. Each offers free admission one Friday between now and August 29th.
Click here for program dates and details.