I always applaud those who I see running through downtown Southborough this time of year. In seeing so many runners out lately, I’ve rounded up some running trails in the area:
- A friend suggested the Assabet River Rail Trail a paved six mile running, walking, biking, and sightseeing trail that connects Hudson and Marlborough. Scout.com says, ” [it] provides a forested escape from the surrounding urban bustle.” And not to mention scenic, too, as it parallels the Assabet River. Its entrance is at the intersection of Highland and Lincoln St. in Marlborough. Parking is at 40 Hudson St., in Marlborough. (Bring the kids along for a shady bike ride and maybe even stop for a sweet treat at the Hudson Dairy Joy!)
- Callahan State Park with parking at Broadmeadow Road in Marlborough offers seven miles of trails as well as hiking, and mountain biking trails. (Don’t forget bring sunscreen and bug spray…depending on what time you go.)
- For running routes more specific in town, I’ve heard of runners starting at the intersection of Main St. and Parkerville Rd. then going onto Deerfoot Rd. turning onto Clifford St., (or runners can cut through the back of Trottier’s entrance on Deerfoot Rd and then end up back on Parkerville Road.
- There’s also the track at Trottier Middle School and Algonquin Regional High School to do a few laps around.
- See more of Favorite places: Walking Trails in town and just next door here.
Where do you like to run?
Does it vary by season?
Share your favorite running routes in Southborough or nearby in the comments below.