So where do you head when you want to get your gears going?
Share how you’re staying active this summer. Have a favorite bike route? Let us know, below!
Of course, many of our roads are scenic but narrow. So, you may prefer to head to nearby towns, such as: Marlborough, Hudson, Sudbury, Hopkinton, and Ashland.
If you’re looking for a place to spin your wheels, here’s a roundup of area rail trails:
- Listed on CBS Boston’s best biking trails in MetroWest is the Assabet River Rail Trail (ARRT). (My friends and I always say one day we’re going to try this – there’s still a few more weeks left of summer, so we’ll see if we get there!) The trail takes you through Marlborough, Hudson, Stow, Maynard, and Acton.
- Hop on the Mass Central Rail Trail in Hudson and go through parts of Hudson, Berlin, Clinton, and West Boylston. The trail goes out as far as Northhampton, Mass.
- A little further past the Southborough Commuter Rail Station on Rt. 85, is the Upper Charles River Rail Trail that connects Milford, Hopkinton, and Ashland.
- Coming soon through Sudbury and Framingham is the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail, a 25 mile route of the old New Haven Railroad Framingham and Lowell line. Until phase two is completed, riders can begin at the Lowell/Chelmsford line (Click here for trail map).
- There’s also the Minuteman Bikeway – a trail that follows where the American Revolution began. Cyclist will travel through Bedford, Lexington, Arlington, and Cambridge.
Enjoy your ride. And, most importantly, don’t forget your helmet!