The United Parishes of Southborough are inviting the community to join their upcoming Lenten series and Easter sunrise service.
This March, the town churches are holding their 13th annual series in observance of Lent. All are welcome to come together for prayer, presentations, conversations and reflection.
Over the next four weeks, the series will take place on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 to 8:00 pm:
- Beginning with a brief prayer service at 6:00
- a light supper at 6:15
- a 20-minute presentation by United Parishes clergy and laity
- a time for “table conversation” will follow until 8:00. (Childcare provided starting at 7)
- a closing reflection at 8
The dates and locations for the Lent series “The Journey to. . . ” are:
- March 3 at St. Anne Church
- March 10 at St. Matthew Church
- March 17 at St. Mark’s Church
- March 24 at Pilgrim Church
Following Lent, Easter takes place this year on Sunday, April 5. At 6:30 am that morning, the United Parishes will hold a sunrise service.
Organizers hope to hold it in the Marina Area of Hopkinton State Park.
In the event of incelement weather, the service will be held at the First Community Church, 137 Southville Road.