Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details/dates, check the Event Calendar.
Tuesday, March 10, 2015:
- Knitting/Crocheting Club (1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: This week, the Senior Center is trying to launch a new Knitting/Crocheting Club. Come join a great group of ladies that would like to get it going.
- United Parishes’ Lenten series (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ St. Matthew Church: The United Parishes of Southborough are inviting the community to their 13th annual Lenten series. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, March 11, 2015:
- Boston Flower & Garden Show Bus Trip (10:15 am – 3:00 pm): Bus will leave the Senior Center at 10:15 am and will return approximately 3:00 pm Suggested Donation: $10.00 for Friends of COA Members; $20.00 for Non-Friends Members There are many lunch choices at their food court! (I’d guess pre-registration was necessary. So, if you didn’t register call 508-229-4453.)
- Senior Center Book Group (11:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: Pat Ellis from the Southborough Library runs a book club for the Senior Center the second Wednesday of every month. This month the group will discuss I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai. Feel free to sit in on one of the sessions. Call 508-229-4453 if you would like to join.
- MAJE Jazz Festival (2:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School: The district’s Massachusetts Association of Jazz Educators’ competitive festival for high school jazz bands.
- Test Ride special bikes (3:00 – 4:00 pm) @ South Union Building at 21 Highland Street: Southborough Recreation a special bike test ride. The bikes are designed for developmentally disabled children ages 5 – 14. For details, see dedicated post.
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- MassDOT Informational Meeting on Main Street project (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Road: A Public Informational Meeting will be held by MassDOT to discuss the proposed reconstruction of Main Street (Route 30), from Sears Road to Park Street project in Southborough. For details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, March 12, 2015:
- Chick Fil A – ARHS Booster fundraiser (5:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Chick-fil-A, Turnpike Road, Westborough: Algonquin Athletic Boosters Fundraiser Boosters will receive a percentage of the sales this evening for patrons who present the fundraiser’s flyer.
- Burnett-Garfield House Forum (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Main Room, Southborough Library: The Friends of The Burnett-Garfield House invite all town residents to attend a Public Forum. During this short gathering, the group will update residents on the current status of the house and property, share a brief overview of the historical and economic value of preserving it, and invite the community to brainstorm potential solutions for achieving a positive outcome for all. For details, see dedicated post.
Friday, March 13, 2015:
- St. Patrick’s Day Party for toddlers (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ South Union Building, 21 Highland Street: Southborough Recreation free party for resident 5 year olds and caregivers: We will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with shamrock crafts, songs, and juggling with special guest, Henry the Juggler There will also be running, jumping and tumbling in our gym. This is a great morning of fun, friends and refreshments. For details, see dedicated post.
- Magic of Water – Science Around You (10:30 am) @ Southborough Library, lower level, Eaton Room: This is a fun science program for little scientists ages 3-6. In this session, children will learn what makes water special. Registration is required. Supported by the Southborough Community Fund, a Fund of the Foundation for MetroWest.
Saturday, March 14, 2015:
- Topsy Turvy Tea Party (11:00 am) @ Southborough Library, Children’s room: Join Magician Debbie O’Carroll for a Topsy Turvy Tea Party! Based on the story of Alice and Wonderland, this program is geared towards children 3-7 years old. In addition to the magic show, children will learn a magic trick and make an origami puppet to take home. Space is limited, so pre-register in the Children’s Room or by calling 508-485-5031.
- Steeple Coffeehouse (7:30 pm) @ Pilgrim Church, 15 Common Street: Headlining act is Bobtown. Doors open at 7pm for 7:30 show. Please bring a donation for the Southborough Food Pantry. Tickets in advance: $15 General/$12 Students & Seniors. At the door: $18 General/$15 Students & Seniors. For more details, check www.steeplecoffeehouse.org or call 508 281 9995.
Updated (3/10/15 12:50 pm): The Chick Fil A fundraiser for ARHS Boosters is Thursday night.