Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
- Celebrate Spring Luncheon (12:00 – 1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Enjoy lunch, then stay and help write Thank You’s, Be Well and many more wishes to our servicemen fighting for our country. Suggested Donation is $5. Luncheon is being put on by Café Volunteers: Jan Monroe, Sue Acampora, Lorraine Dinjian,Pam McDonald and Pat Paganella. Pre-register by calling the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
Thursday, April 9, 2015
- Neary, Finn and Woodward Early Release: Parent-Teacher conferences
- The Poet Tea: An Afternoon of Tea & Poetry (3:00 – 4:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Join a few metrowest Brits for an afternoon of tea and poetry on the library’s historical main floor. Listen to readings of and eclectic collections of poems on the topic of travel. Tea and light refreshments will be served. See dedicated post for details.
Friday, April 10, 2015
- Woodward School Family Wingo Night (5:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Woodward Elementary School: Bingo fundraiser for Woodward SOS 2 sessions of “Wingo” with prizes at 5:15-6:30 and 6:45-8:00; game booklets sold at $10 ea or 3 for $25. (Each booklet has 5 games in it.) The cost also includes additional chances to win prizes. Before or after game, buy raffle tickets, visit the Book Fair, or buy a pizza meal. See dedicated post for details.
- Sachem Spring Coffeehouse (7:00 pm) @ Black Box Theater, Algonquin Regional High School: Up to 20 performances from student musicians, singers, or performer of any kind. $5 per person or $4 per senior. (Click thumbnail to the right to enlarge a picture from last fall’s coffeehouse. More photos are available on NSMA’s Facebook page.)
Saturday, April 11, 2015
- Hop into Spring Savings (1:00 – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Recreation Department, 21 Highland Street: An afternoon of family fun at the South Union Building. Enter a free raffle for one week of Summer Camp or sign up for Early Bird rates. Music by David Gardener. Complimentary refreshments provided. Limited number of reduced rate vouchers will be for sale. See dedicated post for details.
- Steeple Coffeehouse (7:30 pm) @ Pilgrim Church’s Fellowship Hall, 15 Common Street: Performing – The Kennedys Doors open at 7:00 pm for 7:30 show. In advance: $15 General/$12 Students & Seniors (Brown Paper Tickets – www.brownpapertickets.com/producer/6660) At the door: $18 General/$15 Students & Seniors For more details, check www.steeplecoffeehouse.org or call 508 281 9995. See dedicated post for details.
Sunday, April 12, 2015
- Cutler Jazz Festival (6:30 pm) @ St. Mark’s School, Putnum Family Arts Center, the Class of ’45 Hall.: St. Mark’s School invites Southborough residents to attend their annual jazz festival. This year, it features St. Mark’s Jazz Band and Brian Thomas/Alex Lee-Clark Big Band. See dedicated post for details.
Updated (4/7/15 8:20 am): The Harbinger tweeted Sachem Coffeehouse’s admission prices.