If you’ve been reading the blog over the past week, you know that we have a strong showing again for this year’s Boston Marathon.
Here’s the complete list of nineteen Southborough residents – 11 men and 8 women – who will cross the starting line in Hopkinton Monday morning. (For those raising funds, I included links to their blog coverage and fundraising pages.)
Please join me in wishing them the best on their 26.2-mile trek.
- Christo A. Baltas, 47: raising funds for Tufts Medical Center (fundraising page)
- Michael E. Campbell, 49: raising funds for The Michael Carter Lisnow Respite Center, providing emotional and physical support for individuals with disabilities and their families (fundraising page)
- Beth R. Delahunty, 44: raising funds for Framingham Adult ESL Plus (fundraising page)
- Varavani J. Dwarki, 59: raising funds for National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc., directed to the Genzyme/NORD NIH Undiagnosed Diseases Program (UDP) to help those who are undiagnosed pay for testing. (fundraising page)
- John R. Freeman, 47: raising funds for Special Olympics Massachusetts (fundraising page)
- Yun Gao, 54
- Brendon P. Giblin, 38: raising funds for One Mission, a childhood cancer foundation (fundraising page)
- Charles A. Hagedorn, 60
- Melanie Harmon, 41: raising funds for Team FACES, Finding a Cure for Epilepsy and Seizures at NYU Langone Medical Center (fundraising page)
- Penelope V. Hauck, 42: raising funds for the ALLY Foundation, to end sexual violence (fundraising page)
- Jim B Haugen, 55
- Glynis K. Healey, 22: raising funds for the American Medical Athletic Association,to promote physical activity for school-age children (fundraising page)
- Kirsten Karis, 23: raising funds for the Department of Head and Neck Surgical Oncology at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary (fundraising page)
- Jennifer Martin, 48
- Gregory M. Mertz, 38: raising funds for The Michael Carter Lisnow Respite Center, providing support for families dealing with disabilities (fundraising page)
- Ivan Millan-Pulecio, 36
- Mike Moonan, 30
- Amy L O’Leary, 48
- Lauren Sischo, 27
And one more member of our community (who lives in Waltham but works at St. Mark’s School):
To you runners out there, if I missed a charity you are supporting and want to include a fundraising link, let us know in the comments.