Among the events in town this week – three are about pitching in to help the community. (That includes town cows.)
If you’re looking for other ideas of what to do on a spring break staycation this week, click here.
No Public School this week
Monday, April 20, 2015
- Patriots Day: The Library, Town House and Senior Center are closed today.
Thursday, April 23, 2015
- Puppet Show (2:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Mr. Vinny’s Lil’ Puppet Show is recommended as entertaining for 3-9 year old children. Listen and learn with Mr. Vinny’s puppets and stories. All are welcome. Registration is not required.
- World Book Night (5:00 – 9:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: In celebration of the fifth annual World Book Night, a limited number of last year’s selection “Same Difference” by Derek Kirk Kim will be given out for free at the upstairs circulation desk. Please ask for Ryan to claim your copy of the book.
- Friends of Southborough Youth Commission open meeting (7:00 pm) @ 42 Central Street: The group is seeking interested people to be involved in planning and/or helping with fundraising activities to help support Southborough Youth and Family Services. This meeting is an open forum for anyone interested learning more. See dedicated post for details.
Friday, April 24, 2015
- Bingo (12:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Come join Lena and Frank for an afternoon of Bingo, fun, prizes and of course Frank’s jokes. Bingo will start promptly at 12:30. The room will be open at noon if you would like to bring and enjoy your lunch before numbers are called.
Saturday, April 25, 2015
- Rotary Club’s 25th Annual Earth Day (8:00 – 11:30 am): Volunteer to help clean up streets in town. Start out at the Public Works building. For details, see dedicated post.
- Saturdays at Fay – Dino-Adventures (10:00 am – 11:00 am) @ Fay’s Primary School: For children ages 2-8 with parents. See and touch fossils, dinosaur skulls, velociraptor claws, and dinosaur skin. Experts from Animal Adventures will also bring live lizards, alligators, birds, and turtles. Program followed by a complimentary snack. Use the East Entrance at 25 Middle Road for access and parking. Space is limited so please register online at www.fayschool.org/saturdays.
Sunday, April 26, 2015
- Breakneck Hill Cow Fund public forum (4:00 pm) @ Breakneck Hill Farm, 61 Breakneck Hill Road: Public meeting to hear ideas regarding fund raising, volunteers, and sustainable solutions for keeping the herd of Belties at Breakneck Hill. (Specific challenges, annual expenses, and BHCF facts of interest to be posted on our website www.southborobelties.org.) See dedicated post for details.For more events, check the Calendar.
Updated (4/23/15 7:25 am): Cow Fund meeting date was incorrectly listed above.