Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
- Drop In Craft (10:00 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library Children’s Room: Stop by anytime during these hours to make a craft project to take home! All ages are welcome. Registration is not required.
- Poetry Workshop Series (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Public Library, main floor: The Southborough Public Library & the Worcester County Poetry Association are teaming up to bring a short series of poetry writing workshops to the community “A Vexing Compromise” focuses on examining work of a single poet each session. This week’s foucs is Maxine Kumin. Through reading & discussion we will generate work based on technique, theme, and imagination. Workshops are free! Bring your favorite writing utensils and notebook. Call the library to register: 508-485-5031.
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
- Animal Invaders – Sharing Spaces (2:30 – 3:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Level: Children’s program presented by the Boston Museum of Science Children will learn how to best coexist with the animals we share the planet with, as well as the benefits and risks of living close to certain types of them. Up to three live “animal invaders” will be brought for observation. This program is for children ages 5 and up. Registration is not required. Supported by the Southborough Community Fund, A Fund of the Foundation for MetroWest.
- Backyard Movie Night (at dusk) – Maleficent (7:30 – 9:10 pm) @ Neary School playground: Maleficent is rated G with a run time of 97 minutes Movies begins at dusk (approx. 7:30 pm). Bring a blanket, lawn chairs and bug spray. Admission is free and open to the public Food and popcorn is available for purchase. For more information, see detailed post.
Thursday, July 9, 2015
- Southborough Summer Concert Series (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Neary School grounds: Featuring the Reminisants (playing oldies and requests) Free family friendly concerts at Neary School field by the tennis courts. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs. (Rain Date: July 16). For more information, see detailed post.
- Pajama Story Time (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Come to the library in your pajamas to hear stories! This event will be held outside on the lawn, weather permitting, so bring a blanket. (In inclement weather, it will be held in the Children’s Room.) All welcome and no registration is necessary.