Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
- Advanced Tai Chi (10:15 – 11:45 am) @ Southborough Library Main Floor: Join a group of experienced participants for meditation and Tai Chi.
- Make your own Magic Tricks (2:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Children aged 7 and older will learn to create and do their own magic tricks! Please register in the Children’s Room or call 508-481-5031. For details, see dedicated post.
- Poetry Workshop Series (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Public Library, main floor: The free workshops focus on examining work of a single poet each session. This week’s focus is Jane Kenyon. Through reading & discussion we will generate work based on technique, theme, and imagination. Bring your favorite writing utensils and notebook. Call the library to register: 508-485-5031. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
- Pajama Story Time (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Come to the library in your pajamas to hear stories! This event will be held outside on the lawn, weather permitting, so bring a blanket. (In inclement weather, it will be held in the Children’s Room.) All welcome and no registration is necessary.
- Backyard Movie Night (at dusk; approx. 7:30 pm) @ Neary School playground: Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (the third movie in the series) is rated PG with run time of 98 minutes; Admission is free and open to the public. For details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, August 6, 2015
- Drop In Craft (10:00 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library Children’s Room: Stop by anytime during these hours to make a craft project to take home! All ages are welcome. Registration is not required.
- Southborough Summer Concert Series (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Neary School grounds: Featuring the Infractions (playing horn driven pop and rock). Free family friendly concerts at Neary School field by the tennis courts. For details, see dedicated post.