Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar. (And for more things to do with kids this week before school starts, click here.)
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
- Senior Picnic with Representative Dykema (12:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Camp Carol Pavilion, (Hopkinton YMCA) 45 East Street, Hopkinton MA: Annual Senior Picnic with State Representative Carolyn Dykema RSVP through the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
- Free Senior Matinee – St. Vincent (12:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Rated PG Comedy, running 1 hour and 45 minutes. Starring Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy A boy dealing with his parents’ recent divorce finds in an unlikely ally in his new neighbor, a crusty war vetaran. Room will be open at 11:30 for anyone who wants to bring their lunch
- Forum with Elected Officials (6:30 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, United States: Join us for an open forum with State Senator Jamie Eldridge, State Representative Carolyn Dykema, and Wade Blackman, the Constituent Services Representative for Congresswoman Katherine Clark. This is a unique opportunity to meet and speak with your representatives. They will discuss the legislation they are working on and answer questions from the audience. For more details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, August 27, 2015
- Trottier new student registration with Guidance (9:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School:
- Teen Crafternoon: Sewing (6:00 – 7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main level: Join us for an evening with Mandy Roberge who will teach us about sewing. For more details, see dedicated post.
Friday, August 28, 2015
- Chair Volleyball (11:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center, Cordaville Road: Come join a fun group starting to play Chair Volleyball here at the senior center! Friday’s, Please call the Senior Center if you have any questions! Lot’s of fun!
Saturday, August 29, 2015
- Vanilla Day (1:30 – 3:00 pm) @ St. Mark’s Field at the corner of Rt. 85 and Main Street.: The Friends of the Burnett-Garfield House invite townspeople to enjoy: Free Ice Cream (Vanilla, of course!) donated by Cold Stone Creamery, Southborough Live Jazz A Burnett Legacy Walking Tour (for those interested), 2:00-3:00 pm The Burnett Family of Southborough contributed a great deal to the citizens of our town, far more than the elegant Stone Mansion at 84 Main. You are invited to take a walking tour to learn more about the remarkable legacy of this civic-minded family and how we continue to benefit to this day. The tour is approximately 1 mile and takes a little more than an hour.
- Southborough Summer Nights (5:00 – 9:00 pm) @ Neary and Trottier Fields: The town’s biggest annual event – ending with fireworks at dusk. Festivities includes a ton of FREE kids activities There is also live music (by band Better Her Than Me) and a slew of food vendors For more details see the dedicated posts. Raindate is Sunday, August 30th.