Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
- First day of public school (grades K-12)
- Neary Welcome Back Ice Cream Social (5:00 – 7:00 pm) @ Neary School Playground: $2 per ice cream
Friday, September 4, 2015
- Trottier SOS Meeting (8:30 – 9:30 am)
- Trottier Volunteer Coffee (9:00 – 10:00 am) @ Trottier Middle School, Library
Saturday, September 5, 2015
- Meet the Farmer (10:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm:
- 10:00 am – noon Bunnies & Baby goats – We will introduce you to some of our younger farm livestock. Come and meet some of the bunnies and see how much some of the goat kids have grown in the last 3 months.
- 10:30 am and 12:30 pm Seed-saving in our gardens – Desiree will talk about seed saving and how easy it is to save seeds from your own home garden. There will be demonstration and instructions about how to save seeds from annual flowers, tomatoes, and some of your other favorite veggies. This is also a hands on seed-saving demo so participants will go home with some packets of seeds they have saved for gorgeous flowers for next year.
- Ongoing Kids craft –Printing with Vegetables – We will print with some of our favorite veggies onto some cloth flags. Let’s see which veggies make the best prints. Older kids can even carve a potato into a fun printing shape.