Over the past week, Southborough Police peacefully mediated a tenant dispute at a business in town and investigated an agressive solicitor. Read about those incidents and more in the latest logs from the Southborough Police Department below.
But first, two Southborough residents were recently the focus of news coverage for alleged crimes outside of town.
This past weekend, a resident was arrested in Framingham for forcing his way into his girlfriend’s appartment and attacking her. Southborough Wicked Local reports:
“She said the defendant struck her in the face, took her cellphone away so she couldn’t call police and shoved her to the ground,” [Framingham prosecutor Megan Fitzgerald] said.
The victim fled the apartment and called 911 with another phone. When police arrived, Ilha was still in the apartment. He said he wanted to see his 3-year-old son.
You can read that story here.
Earlier this month, the New York Attorney General announced a probe into potential “unfair, financial advantage” by employees of two Fantasy Football websites. According to Southborough Wicked Local, one of the identified employees was a Southborough native. The websites have denied the accusations.
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, in opening his investigation, said DraftKings and FanDuel employees may have exploited their access to nonpublic data.
Though the AG is seeking information on the companies’ practices, SWL wrote “There’s no evidence that the information led to the DraftKings employee’s win.”
“Both companies have strong policies in place to ensure that employees do not misuse any information at their disposal and strictly limit access to company data to only those employees who require it to do their jobs,” [the companies’ joint statement said.]
You can read that story here.
Now here’s what happened in town.
Thursday, October 15, 2015:
- 0243 hrs – An officer took a vandalism report outside of a Turnpike Road business.
- 0345 hrs – An officer investigated a one car, motor vehicle accident on Middle Road. No injuries were reported at the scene of the accident.
- 1040 hrs – ARRESTED: A Framingham man was placed under arrest when officers determined that he had an active arrest warrant out of Concord District Court.
- 1359 hrs – An officer investigated a parking complaint on Oak Hill Road.
- 1512 hrs – An officer investigated a report of wires down in the roadway on Latisquama Road.
- 1555 hrs – An officer investigated a report of suspicious activity at a Main Street business.
- 1610 hrs – Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Cordaville Road.
- 1627 hrs – Officers investigated a report of suspicious activity at a Clifford Road residence.
- 1714 hrs – Officers investigated a report of suspicious activity at an Independence Drive residence.
Friday, October 16, 2015:
- 0151 hrs – A medical was reported at a Ledge Hill Road residence.
- 0916 hrs – Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Mt. Vickery Road.
- 0918 hrs – An officer investigated a report of suspicious activity at a Cordaville Road residence.
- 1128 hrs – An officer responded to a Boston Road business to assist in mediating a dispute between two tenants. The officer was able to keep the peace.
- 1358 hrs – Solicitors came into the police station to register.
- 1548 hrs – A motorist from Milford, MA was issued a Criminal Application for Speeding and Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle.
Saturday, October 17, 2015:
- 0057 hrs – Officers investigated a report of suspicious activity in the parking lot of an East Main Street business.
- 0902 hrs – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Presidential Drive residence.
- 1132 hrs – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Carriage Hill Circle residence.
- 1624 hrs – An officer investigated a report of an aggressive solicitor in the area of Flagg Road.
- 2112 hrs – Officers investigated suspicious activity at a Liberty Drive residence.
- 2209 hrs – ARRESTED: A Southborough man was charged with OUI Alcohol, Marked Lanes Violation, and having No Inspection Sticker.
Sunday, October 18, 2015:
- 0338 hrs – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Woodland Road residence.
- 0826 hrs – Officers conducted a requested well-being check of a Main Street resident.
- 1242 hrs – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Bigelow Road residence.
- 1325 hrs – A medical was reported at a Harris Drive residence.
- 1728 hrs – Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Cordaville Road.
- 1756 hrs – Officers investigated a two car, motor vehicle accident on Turnpike Road. No injuries were reported at the scene of the accident.
To view past Police Logs, click here.