Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. (For more, check the Event Calendar.)
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For the Southborough Library’s regular storytime programs, click here for their events page. For the Southborough Senior Center’s ongoing classes, click here for their calendar.]
Monday, January 11, 2016
- Winter Hike (10:00 am) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Active seniors are invited on a winter hike. The hike is organized by the Senior Center’s Trailblazers, but you don’t have to be a member to join them. To sign up or for more information, call the center at (508) 229‐4453. For more details, see dedicated post.
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
- Fay School Classroom Visit Day (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Fay School: Now’s your chance to see Fay School in action! Please join us for our next Classroom Visit Days. It’s a unique opportunity for you and your child to see Fay School at its best as you tour our campus, talk with teachers and lead administrators, and observe students and teachers in action on a typical school day. Visit fayschool.org/admission/visitdays for more information.
- Sing-a-Long with Nancy Gage (11:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Come join the talented Nancy Gage in a piano sing-a-long. Exercise your vocal cords and enjoy group songs. No experience necessary. No Charge.
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
- Council of the Aging Holiday Party (12:30 – 1:30 pm) @ Marlborough Country Club, 200 Concord Road, Marlborough: A COA member-only get together. Enjoy some relaxing time after a busy December. Pre-registration required with priority given to Southborough Resident members. Luncheon choice of Chicken Cordon Bleu with Supreme Sauce, or Seared Atlantic Salmon. Cost is $20 pp. (COA Membership is $15/yr and comes with discount on many Senior Center programs.)
- Free Throw Championship (6:00 – 7:30 pm) @ Trottier Middle School Gym: The Knights of Columbus will be holding their annual free-throw competition. Winners will have an opportunity to advance to the district, regional and state competitions during the February through April. Like last year, 9-14 year-old boys and girls will be able to participate in the competition. For more details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, January 16, 2016
- Saturday Art Workshops for Children (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Children ages 5-10 are invited to be a part of monthly Saturday Art Workshops. (Siblings allowed.) Drop in to create some art. Registration is not required.
Sunday, January 17, 2016
- Coast Guard Glee Club concert (2:00 pm) @ Pilgrim Church, Common Street: The U.S. Coast Guard Academy’s Cadet Glee Club will be holding a free performance Their set list includes “a wide array of sea chanties, patriotic songs, and a few show tunes, all of the songs are geared for any ages. [There’s also] a nice balance of some more serious songs with ones that are sure to get the audience laughing.” For more details, see dedicated post.